Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who has grown up with a close family member being gay???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And how did it affect you?

My mom and dad split when I was 10 shortly after my mom came out of the closet. It did not bother me one bit! Only thing is her girlfriend(s).. we did not like eachother at all.. but honestly she is my mom and I still love her straight or gay....

My dh comes from a family who is pretty much judgemental... my husband thankfully came around though and accepts my mom.

I also have 2 gay cousins and I love them! :)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I'm sooo sorry! Yeah my mom when she was with her first g.f she was abusive and mean and called me a lot of mean names... then her other g.f same way but I went without eat a while... I accepted my mom being gay but not the person she became.. my wedding day her g.f tried to get my mom to not even go to the wedding. My mom didn't even help out for the wedding.. I love my mom we get along a lot better now.. I resent her and I do not think ill ever beable to fully forgive her or forget about it..(worse time of my life) but I love and respect her.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I was 12 when my mom's GF moved in. It was whatever...but now she's an alcoholic and abusive and I hate her.

Rainesmommy23
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM

My mom and my step-father got divorced when I was fifteen. Mom has three kids and met a wonderful woman a few years after the divorce and they have been together for about 10 years now. I love my mom's partner like another mother and can't imagine life without her :) It was hard at first...I was raised southern baptist and was very confused in the begining but then I looked at the logic and realized that it doesn't matter who you fall in love with. You fall in love with a person and their heart. My youngest sister is bi-sexual and I have an aunt who is a lesbian. As long as the people I love are happy... :)

mitchiesgirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM
2 of my uncles are gay and my moms bestfriend is gay.... I have met MANY (also many drag queens)... I grew up with it being normal so I didn't think anything of it really. I am also bi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Lol! Sorry but I laughed about the demon thing.. I,m not a christian I'm not anything lol. I believe in a lot of things.. but back to our topic lol sorry... but yes I am glad that there is more open minded people in the world. I understand as a parent you do not want to see your child be gay but so what! Accept them for who they are....

Only thing that would bug me would be grandkids! Lol I want lots of them! :).. but id be fine without too. I also have many many years to think about any of that. Ds is 3 and dd is 2...

My one brother he loves my mom and accepts her but he dosnt agree with it if that makes sense? My other brother I honestly do not know how he feels I think he feels how my other brother feels but no clue!

Quoting missindependo:

Quoting Anonymous:

It truly is.. my dh although he is more open minded he still says he hopes our kids will be gay. I tell him if they are or arnt so what we will accept them no matter what!.

Quoting missindependo:

My brother is a confused gay or maybe bisexual. He still talks to guys and his how profile on some gay men social network. I'm the only one who knows this in my family. I personally told him that he will always be my brother. I told him I don't care if he likes boys or girls. But my parents on the other hand would flip. He lives with them, they pay for his car, and school. And pay his credit card bill. So I think if they ever found out they would cut him off completely. My dad is a very macho hispanic dad and he's always questioning him because he likes to do my daughter's hair and does alot of feminine things. It sucks when your parents are very judgemental.

My other brother who's 13 asked me one time, what if Bella (my daughter) turns out to be lesbian. I told him I would still love her. She will always be my daughter. Its just something that shouldn't matter. Also, my parents go to church and if they found out they probably would thing he is posessed by some demon. smh. They think my husband and I are bad people and parents just because we don't attend their church. It's good that there's more open minded people out there. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 2:21 AM
This response made me smile big! :) lol.

Idk if you read my replies that I said to pp but you were lucky! I wasn't so lucky! My mom,s partners were not very nice people. She is back though with her first girlfriend who she was with when she "came out of the closet" and we get along better now than we did when younger...

Quoting Rainesmommy23:

My mom and my step-father got divorced when I was fifteen. Mom has three kids and met a wonderful woman a few years after the divorce and they have been together for about 10 years now. I love my mom's partner like another mother and can't imagine life without her :) It was hard at first...I was raised southern baptist and was very confused in the begining but then I looked at the logic and realized that it doesn't matter who you fall in love with. You fall in love with a person and their heart. My youngest sister is bi-sexual and I have an aunt who is a lesbian. As long as the people I love are happy... :)

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Thanks. They have done a lot of wonderful things for us. A LOT. AI can't deny that. And I love my mom. But she's been an alcoholic as long as I can remember, is now in stage...oh gosh...3? 4? Anyway...severe kidney disease. And they keep fucking drinking. A lot. But...you know, I'm 32 years old ans have my own family and I can't help her...I've tried and she doesn't want it.

Ugh. Sorry. More on my mind than I thought. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sooo sorry! Yeah my mom when she was with her first g.f she was abusive and mean and called me a lot of mean names... then her other g.f same way but I went without eat a while... I accepted my mom being gay but not the person she became.. my wedding day her g.f tried to get my mom to not even go to the wedding. My mom didn't even help out for the wedding.. I love my mom we get along a lot better now.. I resent her and I do not think ill ever beable to fully forgive her or forget about it..(worse time of my life) but I love and respect her.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I was 12 when my mom's GF moved in. It was whatever...but now she's an alcoholic and abusive and I hate her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM
See I think that is why I'm so accepting of it also in the first place.. sure my first kiss was with a boy. But first "experimenting"(sp?) Was with a girl and that was when I was about 9..10. So before I found out about my mom and I knew since that age that I too was attracted to girls.

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

2 of my uncles are gay and my moms bestfriend is gay.... I have met MANY (also many drag queens)... I grew up with it being normal so I didn't think anything of it really. I am also bi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Lol no no its ok! Good to get it out! My mom too is/was an alcoholic. She has been clean since a week before thanks giving! I would say message me if wanted to talk but I'm anon. Only because people on here tend to be rude and I do not like that! Lol...

But I am sorry about your mom and her partner.. it is hard.you can only do so much and when enough is enough...well its enough!. I am sorry though about your mom :(.. but yes you do have your own family now that you have to worry about.. *hugs*

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Thanks. They have done a lot of wonderful things for us. A LOT. AI can't deny that. And I love my mom. But she's been an alcoholic as long as I can remember, is now in stage...oh gosh...3? 4? Anyway...severe kidney disease. And they keep fucking drinking. A lot. But...you know, I'm 32 years old ans have my own family and I can't help her...I've tried and she doesn't want it.

Ugh. Sorry. More on my mind than I thought. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

missindependo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol! Sorry but I laughed about the demon thing.. I,m not a christian I'm not anything lol. I believe in a lot of things.. but back to our topic lol sorry... but yes I am glad that there is more open minded people in the world. I understand as a parent you do not want to see your child be gay but so what! Accept them for who they are....

Only thing that would bug me would be grandkids! Lol I want lots of them! :).. but id be fine without too. I also have many many years to think about any of that. Ds is 3 and dd is 2...

My one brother he loves my mom and accepts her but he dosnt agree with it if that makes sense? My other brother I honestly do not know how he feels I think he feels how my other brother feels but no clue!

Quoting missindependo:

Quoting Anonymous:

It truly is.. my dh although he is more open minded he still says he hopes our kids will be gay. I tell him if they are or arnt so what we will accept them no matter what!.

Quoting missindependo:

My brother is a confused gay or maybe bisexual. He still talks to guys and his how profile on some gay men social network. I'm the only one who knows this in my family. I personally told him that he will always be my brother. I told him I don't care if he likes boys or girls. But my parents on the other hand would flip. He lives with them, they pay for his car, and school. And pay his credit card bill. So I think if they ever found out they would cut him off completely. My dad is a very macho hispanic dad and he's always questioning him because he likes to do my daughter's hair and does alot of feminine things. It sucks when your parents are very judgemental.

My other brother who's 13 asked me one time, what if Bella (my daughter) turns out to be lesbian. I told him I would still love her. She will always be my daughter. Its just something that shouldn't matter. Also, my parents go to church and if they found out they probably would thing he is posessed by some demon. smh. They think my husband and I are bad people and parents just because we don't attend their church. It's good that there's more open minded people out there. :)

I know the demon thing is too funny.

Lilypie<br /> Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM
My cousin who is 3 months younger than me is gay. We always knew she was even though at first she tried to hide it. To me she is the same person she was befor she came out. We are still close and I love her just as much now as I did then.
I few other family members who are gay as well and again nothing has changed as well . I lovee them and would fight for them if someone every tried to put them down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)