Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is really embarrassing!(maybe a bit tmi)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I stink. No, really, I stink. I smell bad. I smell rotten. This has been going on all my life. I've been teased, ridiculed and made fun of all my life. I bathe twice a day and three times during the summer. I've explained this to my Dr, and he prescribed me special deodorant and special soap. It is not helping. I still smell. I don't really notice it myself, but after I bathe, I notice the smell on my clothes. It only happens when I sweat. What can be causing it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I looked it up. Two things cause it.
One, it is from the ketone in anything that has protein it mostly affects those with diabetes, kidney problems or liver problems. You have to get too much and your daily allowance is based off of weight. I think it is .23g per lb of your weight.
Two, red meat : It is difficult to digest and often lies stagnant in your digestive tract. When this undigested food putrefies, it releases toxins and foul-smelling gases. This in turn is ejected as flatulence and sweat that reeks.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

That is interesting. I have given up sugar and my bo stopped smelling. I smell the best on phase 11 of the maker's diet and that is a lot of meat and not much else... for me the sugar has been proven. But i wonder if the meat that is fed properly or is processed doesnt help. We eat clean meats that are fed the way thhey should.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meat? That sucks. :( I love meat. :'( I eat meat at least once a day, unless it lasagna or okra, squash and potato day. I wonder what in meat causes it, such as protein or iron.

Quoting elleinady:

Meat. Meat makes people stink.

Quoting Anonymous:

Food? Like what? Not enough of something or too much of something?

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe something in your diet

ShannonRoth
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Stop eating meat and start drinking green smoothies with parsley.
redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Somethin' you're eatin' doesn't agree with your body.

When our kids would get top ramen (YUCK!!!!!!!) from the in-laws, they would STINK big time. Really bad onion/bo smell. I told them no more crap food like that and since then, they haven't been so stinky.

I would totally look into your diet!!

hugs

mnmo3bb
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Yeea white flour do it also... plus those flavor packets are full of sugar and msg :(

Quoting redneckmama4:

Somethin' you're eatin' doesn't agree with your body.

When our kids would get top ramen (YUCK!!!!!!!) from the in-laws, they would STINK big time. Really bad onion/bo smell. I told them no more crap food like that and since then, they haven't been so stinky.

I would totally look into your diet!!

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elleinady
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Dairy too. I used to love meat, but the substitutes out now make it much easier to quit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meat? That sucks. :( I love meat. :'( I eat meat at least once a day, unless it lasagna or okra, squash and potato day. I wonder what in meat causes it, such as protein or iron.

Quoting elleinady:

Meat. Meat makes people stink.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I just watched an episode of Mystery Diagnosis, There was a story about a stinky woman - Google TMAU. See if it applies to you.

babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM
20/20 did a show "my extreme. Affliction " the spoke to as woman who had a rare. Disease it made her smell like rotting fish look it up I don't remember the name of the problem but it'll be on the web
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I would say start with your colon. Increase your fiber and probiotics. Some people have a "leaky bowl" and extra bacteria build up in your colon and it just stinks. Drink plenty of water.
Lizz2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I saw a show on this once, but I don't remember what the condition was called that caused it. I would suggest seeing a different doctor if this one will not look into it anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

some people have a reaction to certain foods like my DH if he eats garlic you can smell it on him for days so needless to say I don't use garlic in food any more. It could be something simple or it could be a verity of things that make an imbalance within your body to cause the BO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)