Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Ex is an idiot

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
so I was doing some school related things for my oldest and ended up outside the school talking to a close friend. as we were talking we see my ex carry my other child(Its his week) into the school, my son is three... why is he taking him into the school...
anyway 
me being nosy, and having an idea that he might be taking him to the dentist, causes me to go investigate. (the children's dental program is run out of the school) so I make my way over to the dental office and knock on the door... clearly surprising my ex.
we "separated" on bad terms... meaning I dumped his abusive ass....
I only intended on asking for an email, requesting information about the dental work he needed (having already gotten a referral for the dentist from my dentist and knowing about his cavities). well the dentist obviously knew that I was the better one to talk to about the childs dental needs because we totally ignored my ex and talked as though I was the one that brought him.
this clearly upset my ex... he had that I'm going to harm you look on his face. but he couldn't because others would see and he would get his ass thrown in jail. hahaha (go me!)
so I take over the appointment and make arrangements to have the teeth fixed, while DS is with me... all the while being all "nicey-nice pretend we are friends" with my ex... and he could do nothing other than be quiet because he is incapable of being nice to me.
ahhh, one upping an ex feels great.
but now to point out why I feel my ex was an idiot. Does he really think he can just take my child to the dentist and not get my consent... I am his parent and this is a major no-no according to the court order.
oO
and who in the  hell carries a perfectly capable three year old around as though they are a baby.....?

ETA:
I am not name calling my ex in a BAD way, but in an exasperated way. this man does it all the time to me, and HE IS COURT ORDERED TO INFORM ME OF ANY MEDICAL AND DENTAL WORK THAT GETS DONE TO DS BEFORE IT HAPPENS. Hence the "idiot" comment. as for the haters about me complaining about him carrying my son, yes it is an issue. I have three kids, including an infant, I cannot carry my 3 year old every where. my ex is encouraging the kid to be lazy... and it effects DSs attitude when he is with me.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I love how Exs are Idiots AFTER women leave them. makes me giggle. Like they were never assholes when they were married.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I carry my perfectly capable 4.5 yo around if she needs it and I have my hands free.

The dental stuff is crap though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

So your ex is an idiot for carrying you 3 yo and taking him to the dentist?  Ok...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM
He was hugging his kid and getting him medical care? Wow, what an ass!

If it is your job to do that stuff then why wasn't your son seen before now? Maybe he felt he had to do it for the good of the child.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

carring him to and from the dentist.... no dental WORK was done. kid coulda walked - little differennt from hugging

he needs to iinform me if he is taking the kid to the dentist..... did you miss the part about me already having taken my ds to the dentist..... but s'oki I understand haters

Quoting Anonymous:

He was hugging his kid and getting him medical care? Wow, what an ass!

If it is your job to do that stuff then why wasn't your son seen before now? Maybe he felt he had to do it for the good of the child.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM

no, thinking he can get away with taking the kid to the dentist without MY CONSENT. and yes, kids should be encouraged to walk. there was no reason that he needed to be carried

Quoting bluespagan:

So your ex is an idiot for carrying you 3 yo and taking him to the dentist?  Ok...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

you sure he didn't leave you?

JC2223
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'm sure he thinks you're just as big of an idiot for coming into the dental appointment he arranged and took over like some psycho-mom.  Sorry, but I don't think a father carrying his child into a dental appointment to ensure the child's teeth are cared for is an idiot. If that makes him an idiot...then you're a moron for spreading your legs and reproducing with such an idiot!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

That bastard what right does he have to care about his child's dental care, quick someone call cps,  and I hold my 3 yo all the time it's called affection you might want to remove the stick from your ass and try it sometime!

misslady80013
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I do agree that he should of told you about the appointment. I also feel you should be glad he cares enough to take him in. A lot of these baby daddies don't even see or take care of their kids at all. Sorry some are giving you such a hard time. At 3 years old, unless he's in pain or very upset, he needs to walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)