Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much makes you rich?

Posted by   + Show Post

How much money do you think counts as rich?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
momsawayyy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM

6 figures !

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

At least 10 million. 

AnotherPutra
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

In MY humble opinion...$1,000 a month would be rich. 

mom2ljh
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM
More than I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Rich is a subjective thing....I see answers in here that would blow my mind if we had that kind of money....but they don't consider themselves rich because there are people who have more....

I have had money....and it didn't make me rich....it made me able to buy things that I thought would make me happy....

I have not had 2 pennies to rub together - literally! - but had the love of a good man and two children who I love to the moon and back.....

We're doing ok so far this year, we can pay our bills on time and buy groceries...and there are a couple of things due to be paid off this year that will give us a little breathing room...I'm even managing to save a little for my daughter's school clothes and supplies next year....I still have the love of a good man and two kids I love to the moon and back...I may not be rich by some standards....but I tell you, I feel positively wealthy

saltyalley1227
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I've got a husband I love and 2 beautiful, healthy children. Im rich.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
It is hard to give a dollar amount I would think for most of us ladies unless we- like most have said are the status of say a bill gates or someone- it's funny because this is a post today because I was reading that post last night and all the comments in regards to the girl who was going to sell anything and everything b/c ahe needed diapers ASAP.... All the ladies were helping out ( except one very mean odd ball:-( ) anyways, I was taken back by several,actually many many comments stating how the writer understood they had been there many times- or they had to pawn stuff ect... I just was really surprised at how many families have struggled financially - anyways, it made me realize my husband and I aren't rich by anyones views- and we certainly don't have over fifty thousand dollars in our checking- savings yes but not checking - but that's the purpose to save- we have mutual funds and bonds. We pay our bills on time- have no credit cards,( oh wait we still have a slight balance on a chase one but it's like under 400$) we have 2 vehicles - nothing fancy but they are paid off - I go grocery shopping every 2 weeks and spend 600$ is that considered a lot? I haven't a clue! I do know that we don't struggle pay check to pay pay check like we use to in the beginning of our marriage- but then my husband has a better job now.
I dont title us as rich never have and obvious none of you ladies would either because we don't have millions- but it sure is nice not having to worry about money- and it's sure nice being able to be able and go out and by a coach purse or a pair of uggs without hesitation or get my children something really special that I couldn't several years ago- and it would have been really cool to live Texas where that OP lived because I would have bought her a whole crap load of diapers and dilivered them to her -
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Rich is priceless. It's in the smiles and laughter in your home.

Having a lot of money? Eh, 100k at all times in your checking account
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM
It's hard to say. I guess to each their own on this one. For me it would be to buy whatever u wanted when u wanted and not worry about the price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Not dipping into savings, adding to savings every month, never having your account under 100$ by the time your next paycheck is due and all bills are payed and fun has been had. That makes me feel rich

Really? That is a great perspective. Sometimes I know my husband and I can get caught up in where every penny is going. And right now with our remodel, we are even more anal about it. But at the end of the day, we can pay our bills, have fun, invest, put money into savings and still have plenty left over. That is all that matters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)