Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to be anorexic UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

But I don't have the strength to deny myself food. I can sometimes make it through one day without eating but the hunger pains always get to me. I'm tired of being so big and every time I go on a diet, I never lose more than 5 lbs before I go back up to 180. It's frustrating and depressing. If I could just learn to stop eating, I'll be much happier.

ETA I'm sorry if this post appears to be flippant. It's not my intention. I do understand the dangers of anorexia and I am afraid of the consequences. I am not trying to joke about it. But I do think about it daily. That is a fact and my confession. I get so tired of feeling good the first week of my diet and then feeling so low when it feels like all my effort was in vain. There is nothing medically wrong with me that's preventing me from losing weight and I don't understand wht it's so hard. I keep a very close eye on my calories and I walk or bike daily.

Also, I am sorry for those who have or know someone who suffered from this disease. It's never happened to anyone I know and I understand how it looks like I'm not taking it seriously.

UPDATE: I want to thank everyone who read this and took it seriously. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and advice. I think that's exactly what I needed. You've helped me get motivated again. I know I need to keep working on this. And thank you to those who provided me with some new resources. I'm feeling so much more capable than I was this morning.

happy

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (181-188):
metalhealthmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
You have an eating disorder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizBradshaw
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I've been there you DO NOT want to be! It destroys you mentally and physically! Sometimes weight takes a long time to lose but don't give up so easily!
Jessiejem
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't wish anorexia on my worst enemy.

what you want to is to lose weight the healthy way , through diet and exercise. May you never know what its like to have an eating disorder like anorexia.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

What I don't understand is how you are willing to be annorexic, but not willing to try eating healthier, smaller portions, and working out? IMO it would be way harder to have the self control to starve yourself than to just eat less and don't buy (don't allow in your house) the junk food that will put on pounds.  

Some advice: Give up soda, and drink just water. Sugar should be seen as more of a problem than actual fat content (with relation to health and weight gain). Add some metamucil to your diet for extra fiber and keeps you full longer. Chia seeds also keep you full and give you energy. Diet drinks actually work against you, causing you to become hungrier not to mention the artificial sugars are known to cause tumors in lab studies on rats.  Park far away from stores, instead of trying to get the closest parking. And most importantly, try to be positive about it in your thoughts.  Think of what disgusts you about your body everytime you pick up a junk food item at the store and think "is this worth it?" If you start thinking of what to eat to be healthier, and live a longer life, the weight loss will come with it, don't obsess about the actual weight loss.  Swimming is great exercise and easy on your joints. You really burn way more calories playing in a pool than you can imagine. Support groups help a lot, or buddy system. Find a local group to keep you on track. Find a friend who eats healthy and hang out with them to see how they live their lives. Give up alcohol, that is horrible when trying to lose weight, I promise (plus when intoxicated, you make choices you regret in the morning, like eating an entire pizza!)  

You need a life change, a change in the way you think as well as the way you eat. Don't make this all about losing weight, you seriously need to want to improve the quality of your life, physically and mentally! 

DixieL
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It was probably a little over a year ago. I had gestational diabetes so they had to check all of those things to make sure everything was okay. I was perfectly healthy.

Quoting DixieL:

How long has it been since you had a complete checkup including blood tests. Sometimes when I get blood tests they have taken a dozen vials of blood at one time. They check for everything. I don't believe you are trying to be flippant about anorexia. Just please don't even think about it. You don't want to die at a very early age. After you get a checkup then keep exercising and when you are hungry eat raw vegetables or fruit between meals. I know it doesn't sound appetizing but it you want to lose weight I think it would be worth it. Also ask the doctor when you go what else you need to do to lose weight Good Luck

I'm really happy that you are in good health now just exercise. Until my back got so bad I was walking ten miles a day. Get a pedimeter and start out slowly and then after a week or so go a little farther. You can get them at any store like WalMart or K mart. Then start eating carrots celery and fruit during the day. Eat a healthy meal at night. I think your weight will start coming off and you wil start feeling great about yourself

2rays0fsun
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I didn't read the replies maybe some ppl already said this... but if you want to lose weight you shouldn't diet. You should just plan out healthy meals & snacks and eat all day long. As long as it's healthy, eating more food and keeping yourself full will speed up your metabolism and make you lose the weight. And keep it off because it'll become a lifestyle of eating well. you'll meet your goal weight without having to go hungry or make yourself sick. GL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Please seek help

lilbosslady1978
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM

You do not sound flippant.  I am sure people have said this already... I've fought with being anorexic since I was 14...so almost 20 years now.  Believe me - you do NOT want this.  I am not typical anorexic.  I didn't do this because I thought or think I am fat.  Mine was an issue of control and growing up with no food.  It just kept carrying over.

I have brittle bones and I still starve myself.  I just can't break the habit.  I can't stop exercising.  I broke my back because of brittle bones.  I've had part of my colon removed.  I had a heart attack at 23.  I've been hospitalized numerous times.  

It's not worth it.  It's really not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)