Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to be anorexic UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

But I don't have the strength to deny myself food. I can sometimes make it through one day without eating but the hunger pains always get to me. I'm tired of being so big and every time I go on a diet, I never lose more than 5 lbs before I go back up to 180. It's frustrating and depressing. If I could just learn to stop eating, I'll be much happier.

ETA I'm sorry if this post appears to be flippant. It's not my intention. I do understand the dangers of anorexia and I am afraid of the consequences. I am not trying to joke about it. But I do think about it daily. That is a fact and my confession. I get so tired of feeling good the first week of my diet and then feeling so low when it feels like all my effort was in vain. There is nothing medically wrong with me that's preventing me from losing weight and I don't understand wht it's so hard. I keep a very close eye on my calories and I walk or bike daily.

Also, I am sorry for those who have or know someone who suffered from this disease. It's never happened to anyone I know and I understand how it looks like I'm not taking it seriously.

UPDATE: I want to thank everyone who read this and took it seriously. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and advice. I think that's exactly what I needed. You've helped me get motivated again. I know I need to keep working on this. And thank you to those who provided me with some new resources. I'm feeling so much more capable than I was this morning.

happy

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bethsunshine
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Anorexia is a horrible disease!! Why would you wish that?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to say (im in a rather great mood today) that you are so witty! hahaha

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Try bulimia. It's easier.

Mare1180
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, seriously. Talk to your doctor about losing weight and then talk to a therapist as well. I think even if you lost the weight you wouldn't be happy with yourself. Good luck to you but I've lost almost 60 lbs in the past yr by changing the way I eat and working out so I know it's possible. I have an almost non existent metabolism and an underactive thyroid too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trin0714
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Just become belimic instead; then you can still eat what you want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Congrats

Quoting Mare1180:

Wow, seriously. Talk to your doctor about losing weight and then talk to a therapist as well. I think even if you lost the weight you wouldn't be happy with yourself. Good luck to you but I've lost almost 60 lbs in the past yr by changing the way I eat and working out so I know it's possible. I have an almost non existent metabolism and an underactive thyroid too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mare1180
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Thanks hun :)

Quoting sunfireprincess:

Congrats

Quoting Mare1180:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.knickers
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Keep going. Weight loss sometimes stalls but maybe you were building up muscle and that's why it seemed u didn't lose? You have to keep it up. Are you weighing yourself at the same time and day each week? That can make a difference.

Walking doesn't really help you lose. You need to get out of breath, you need to get your heart rate up:

Quoting Anonymous:

I walk or bike daily (I don't drive at all). I've tried Pilates but it was hard to keep that up since I don't enjoy it.

I eat fruits and vegetables and I rarely snack. When I do eat unhealthy things, I limit my portion. Whenever I start my diets, I lose the first 5 lbs in the first week, but the following week, I'm back to 180 even though I haven't changed my diet. And then I just feel stuck there.

Quoting little.knickers:

What excercise are you doing? And how much? What do you class as eating healthy? How long do you keep it up before you give up?

Healthy weight loss is only 1-2lbs a week. It's slow, but will stay off if you change your life style.

ETA: and to lose 1-2lbs a week, u need to burn an extra 3,500 calories a week. If you consume what your recommended calorie amount is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I've lost 30 pounds since January taking Meizitang and increasing my exercise. My husband has lost more than 30 pounds by cutting back on his food intake and exercise. Neither one of us is starving ourselves; moderation is the key.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM

maybe you need to step awaaaay from the scale. Don't weigh yourself for a month, maybe its too soon to see results and you give up too soon. Heres karla (hes the chick from the "text meow to this number :P ) but shes really worked hard! and she posts pictures no matter how self concious she is and it puts the preasure on to keep up her diet. Shes almost lost 100 lbs!

http://mycollectionofskins.tumblr.com/

Check out the selection to the left. Theres the pics and all. Lately shes kinda stuck cause she had surgery and now shes in the middle of moving so she cant work out as often but she still eats 1 slice of pizza (at my birthday :D ) vs 3 or 4 like she used to when we were younger. Maybe you need motivation and peer preasure. Like tell everyone what your doing, that way all eyes are on you and you have to keep doing it

Quoting Anonymous:

I walk or bike daily (I don't drive at all). I've tried Pilates but it was hard to keep that up since I don't enjoy it.

I eat fruits and vegetables and I rarely snack. When I do eat unhealthy things, I limit my portion. Whenever I start my diets, I lose the first 5 lbs in the first week, but the following week, I'm back to 180 even though I haven't changed my diet. And then I just feel stuck there.

Quoting little.knickers:

What excercise are you doing? And how much? What do you class as eating healthy? How long do you keep it up before you give up?

Healthy weight loss is only 1-2lbs a week. It's slow, but will stay off if you change your life style.

ETA: and to lose 1-2lbs a week, u need to burn an extra 3,500 calories a week. If you consume what your recommended calorie amount is.

bluespagan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Starving yourself will not help you the way you think it will.  When you stop eating your body does some really horrible things in order to survive. 

graphic on how Anorexia affects your whole body

Do you really want to do that to your body? 

If you want to lose weight then you need to research and study up on safe and effective ways to change your lifestyle.  I have done this in the past and am working on it now.  PM me if you want any advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN