Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to be anorexic UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
4 moms liked this

But I don't have the strength to deny myself food. I can sometimes make it through one day without eating but the hunger pains always get to me. I'm tired of being so big and every time I go on a diet, I never lose more than 5 lbs before I go back up to 180. It's frustrating and depressing. If I could just learn to stop eating, I'll be much happier.

ETA I'm sorry if this post appears to be flippant. It's not my intention. I do understand the dangers of anorexia and I am afraid of the consequences. I am not trying to joke about it. But I do think about it daily. That is a fact and my confession. I get so tired of feeling good the first week of my diet and then feeling so low when it feels like all my effort was in vain. There is nothing medically wrong with me that's preventing me from losing weight and I don't understand wht it's so hard. I keep a very close eye on my calories and I walk or bike daily.

Also, I am sorry for those who have or know someone who suffered from this disease. It's never happened to anyone I know and I understand how it looks like I'm not taking it seriously.

UPDATE: I want to thank everyone who read this and took it seriously. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and advice. I think that's exactly what I needed. You've helped me get motivated again. I know I need to keep working on this. And thank you to those who provided me with some new resources. I'm feeling so much more capable than I was this morning.

happy

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM
5 moms liked this
You don't want to do that. I've been fighting it for 20 years. It consumes everything that you do, and becomes part of what you are.

A healthier alternative would be watching your calories.
atyou
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM
that is sick. my cousin has been struggling with anorexia almost her entire life. your ignorance is disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this
No you wouldn't. You'd get sick.
You'd go into kidney failure first, then the rest of your organs would start shutting down.
Talk to a dietician, get a trainer, and get off the computer and do something about it.
It's about a lifestyle change, not yo-yo and fad diets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM
No you don't. From personal experience..you will mess up your metabolism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM
That's disgusting. I have a chronic illness that keeps me from being able to eat the foods I want and need to eat. Now I have to juice my fruits and vegetables to get any nutrition unless I pop a pill of vitamins. And anything solid I do eat makes me sick. So please get HELP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I've tried watching my calories. I keepa record of everything I eat. I exercise daily. I try to eat the best I can. And I am rarely on the computer. Or sitting for that matter. Still, I never make any decent progress.

I understand the consequences of anorexia and have tried talking myself out of it but it's so hard.

Quoting ffpm10:

You'd go into kidney failure first, then the rest of your organs would start shutting down.

Talk to a dietician, get a trainer, and get off the computer and do something about it.

little.knickers
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
No. You don't want to be anorexic. You think that's the easy way to diet? You want a "quick fix"??? My sister had battled anorexia for three years aged 14 now.

Eat healthy and excercise. And keep doing it. You will lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Deelirious1 on May. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Why not go to a nutritionsi/dietician and learn to eat properly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Can't afford it...

Quoting mamadee1971:

Why not go to a nutritionsi/dietician and learn to eat properly?

ffpm10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Are you a registered dietician? Nutrionist? Liscenced trainer?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried watching my calories. I keepa record of everything I eat. I exercise daily. I try to eat the best I can. And I am rarely on the computer. Or sitting for that matter. Still, I never make any decent progress.

I understand the consequences of anorexia and have tried talking myself out of it but it's so hard.

Quoting ffpm10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured