Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Eat meat? I saw a bunch of moms bashing the fast food mom, but some of the recipes that were being posted were no better than fast food! Just because it didn't come from McDonald's doesn't automatically make it healthier! Do you know what is in most meat that comes from the grocery store...and what is in processed food?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

u know where im from u do see cows roaming around in CORN FEILDS, and yes i did see where my steak, hamburger, all my beef came from it started as a calf in the feed lot grew to a damn good size steer and then it went to the freezer at our house to age so the meat would be right then one day we butchered it our selfs so yea talk all u want i live on a farm grew up on farms. so say what you want.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Oh jeez you are a dense one. Do you have Netflix? Watch Food Inc. and it will explain it for you. 99% of the corn in this country comes from Monsanto which uses ONlY genetically modified corn. You can grow it all you want, but I'll bet you I know where your corn seeds comes from.

And no, cows are NOT meant to eat corn. Corn is used to fatten cows up a lot quicker so they can be butchered. Ever wonder why you see cows roaming and grazing in open pastures and not in a corn field?? You can actually TASTE the difference.

I know where my meat comes from and I pass the farm every single day on my way home. Do you see your steaks on a daily basis too??
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Cows aren't made to eat corn. They're made to eat grass. Not to mention corn now days is genetically modified.

Quoting Anonymous:

i know what my meat is made of cuz i watched it grow from a calf to a big 2400 lb steer and i helped kill it and cut it and everything so i eat meat every chance i get cuz i have corn fed beef the only way to go 

ok first of cows eat corn, hay, oats, grass, and pretty much anything else in front of them. And tell me how the corn my dh's boss grows on his farm and feeds his own cattle is modified? the beef we eat is as close as organic you can get because i know what mine has been fed. unlike the "organic" stuff u buy you never know what it has been fed.

ashescee
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Vegetarian here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM
We eat meat at least twice a day, it is usually lean meat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Punctuation is your friend.

Again, watch the documentaries posted and maybe you'll be a little more edumacated about your food. You may have grown up on a farm but you're pretty fucking clueless.

Quoting Anonymous:

u know where im from u do see cows roaming around in CORN FEILDS, and yes i did see where my steak, hamburger, all my beef came from it started as a calf in the feed lot grew to a damn good size steer and then it went to the freezer at our house to age so the meat would be right then one day we butchered it our selfs so yea talk all u want i live on a farm grew up on farms. so say what you want.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Oh jeez you are a dense one. Do you have Netflix? Watch Food Inc. and it will explain it for you. 99% of the corn in this country comes from Monsanto which uses ONlY genetically modified corn. You can grow it all you want, but I'll bet you I know where your corn seeds comes from.

And no, cows are NOT meant to eat corn. Corn is used to fatten cows up a lot quicker so they can be butchered. Ever wonder why you see cows roaming and grazing in open pastures and not in a corn field?? You can actually TASTE the difference.

I know where my meat comes from and I pass the farm every single day on my way home. Do you see your steaks on a daily basis too??
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Cows aren't made to eat corn. They're made to eat grass. Not to mention corn now days is genetically modified.

Quoting Anonymous:

i know what my meat is made of cuz i watched it grow from a calf to a big 2400 lb steer and i helped kill it and cut it and everything so i eat meat every chance i get cuz i have corn fed beef the only way to go 

ok first of cows eat corn, hay, oats, grass, and pretty much anything else in front of them. And tell me how the corn my dh's boss grows on his farm and feeds his own cattle is modified? the beef we eat is as close as organic you can get because i know what mine has been fed. unlike the "organic" stuff u buy you never know what it has been fed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraLovesEli29
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I eat a lot of meat. Basically, chicken, ham, turkey. Lean meats. I am not a fan of pork. I like bacon. That's about it. Steak and hamburger are alright. I like meat. Mostly chicken, but we have some type of meat every dinner every night. That's when we choose to have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I eat a vegan diet, so none at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yanis
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM
At least once a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM

We eat meat everyday, at least twice a day.

jb0520
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Never!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM
*shrugs* i don't eat red meat anymore, or pork ever. I've eaten talapia or grilled chicken only for the past 15 weeks and have lost 60 pounds.

nothing in this world is safe anymore, but at least im not.fat anymore.

Quoting Rhiannon92:

seafood is one of the worst meats you can buy. Unless you are getting it wild and know it is healthy or from an organic fish farm.

Red meat, pork and seafood are not good. Of course, I still eat these things..but not as often and in moderation. I recently starting cutting my meat portions in half and I feel so much better!

Quoting SadiasMomma:

not much at all. i recently started eating healthy and lost a serious amount of weight in less than 4 months. i will stick with fish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN