Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any Baptist Christians here...I need to know somethings about your lifestyle

Posted by   + Show Post
1. What church do you attend?
2. How long have you been going to that church?
3. Who in your family picked that church?
4. How often do you have communion? Offering? And Baptisms?
5. Is your church one if those churches with a band and nobody ever sits down and they have the big screen tvs in almost every room so you can watch if you leave a room?

If I have more questions I will update thanks for replying

New question:
If you don't get communion every Sunday or whatever day it is you go why is that?

For those that answered about the communion tell me how do you feel about this verse Acts 20:7 and upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart until morrow; and continued his speech until midnight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
samara_love33
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Well whatever your religion is I would like to hear about it answering those questions

Quoting AdellesMom:

Bump! I'm not Baptist!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy_1034
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Oh , because its not something to be played with or taken lightly .

Quoting samara_love33:

Question 6 was supposed to be interpreted as why does your church only do communion once a month instead of weekly

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

1. Salem missionary Baptist Church

2. 11 years

3. Mom '& cousin

4. Communion every 3rd sunday '& Baptism every 1st sunday .

5. We do sit down , we do have a band , '& we do have t.v.s in every room.

6. If i dont get it , its because i wasnt there .

Quoting samara_love33:

1. What church do you attend?
2. How long have you been going to that church?
3. Who in your family picked that church?
4. How often do you have communion? Offering? And Baptisms?
5. Is your church one if those churches with a band and nobody ever sits down and they have the big screen tvs in almost every room so you can watch if you leave a room?

If I have more questions I will update thanks for replying

New question:

If you don't get communion every Sunday or whatever day it is you go why is that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

No offense, but I disagree with your parents in a way.  The way we believe is that thare IS only one way to the Father and that is throught the Son.  Denomination is a label and usually holds what that church believes.  But that being said Jesus doesn't care what denomination you are, but He does care that you believe in Him and serve Him.  The thing that unites Christians is Jesus, not the label of denomination. I understand you were taught that , but I don't think they are fake per se.  Yes, we are to spread His word and His love.  I do believe that the Christian church is those who believe in Jesus as Savior.  Denomination to me is not as important to me as it is whether or not you believe in Him, serve Him and do what He has called us to do.

Quoting samara_love33:

You are making sense and it's ok I just am an open minded person to what everyone believes.
I also told my friend CP since he didn't know it started as him being a child and his mom and dad made him go to that church every Sunday so because they said so that is why he did it so we won't be disobedient and he never really knew if that church he goes to is even right or why they do things he is several years older than me and never even thought of it that way. Ik the church I go to my parents has said that is the only church in the bible and it's right and they showed me proof and even showed me you don't take up a denomination because those are fake. I don't knock people who have those denominations or believe different from me I just know I was taught from my baby years that there is only one church and no I'm not one of those Christians who try to put my beliefs or convert people but ik the bible says go out and spread the word so even though idk everything I try to get other peoples opinions and beliefs and than give them things to think about

Quoting Thelmama:

Oh and OP, no offense meant by assuming you were baptist. I got a little mixed up, LOL.  I think it doesn't matter how often or when and how communion is done as long as the person doing it , is doing so with the right heart attitude.  I hope that made sense.  Been sick all weekend and am dizzy headed so not sure I am making sense.  LOL

AdellesMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Ok!

Quoting samara_love33:

Well whatever your religion is I would like to hear about it answering those questions

Quoting AdellesMom:

Bump! I'm not Baptist!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

1. I go to a Fundamental Baptist Church

2. We have been at our church for over a year. We went to a different Baptist Church before that.

3. A friend of the family invited us to the church and we have been attending ever since.

4. We have communion every couple of months on a Sunday night. We have an offering every service. We baptise anyone that is saved and is ready to be baptised. We have most baptisms after morning services.

5. We do not have a band. We stand and sing 2 songs, we stand for when we say the prayer and when reading from the bible.

We don't have an early morning service. Sunday School starts at 9:30 and Sunday morning service starts at 11:00 so we don't get out of church until after 12.

..guesswho..
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I have never really thought about it. I think if you take communion every Sunday it becomes mundane and loses some meaning. For me it did anyway. When I attended the church of Christ with my mom and sd we took every Sunday. It wasn't special to me after doing it every week. You also don't have to give offering every Sunday. Some people give their tithe once a month, some once every two weeks, some every Sunday. It isn't mandatory to give offering every single Sunday.

Quoting samara_love33:

Do you know the reasoning of why you get communion only 4 times a year but you can give offering every Sunday?

I was talking to my friend CP and he is baptist but he says communion and baptisms are only 1st Sunday of every month I said why do you only get communion and get to be baptized only 12 days out the year but have to give offering every time he didn't know the answer just said that is what his church does. I said that doesn't sound weird you can pay every week but you can't have communion with the lord every week and you can only get baptized on the first Sunday of the month why can't you choose when you want to do it he had no answers for me

Quoting ..guesswho..:

1. What church do you attend? A baptist church

2. How long have you been going to that church? All my life. We don't go regular anymore though. That is something we are working on.

3. Who in your family picked that church? My husband.

4. How often do you have communion? Offering? And Baptisms? Communion four times a year. Offering every Sunday. A baptism whenever someone gets saved.

No. We have a piano and organ and use song books. No TV's in other rooms but there is a speaker in the nursery so we can hear the sermon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Denominations don't mean a thing. It's all about the Bible and any denomination that goes against the Bible is wrong. The problem is getting caught up into Denominations.God isn't concerned with that. He wants your sincere worship.

AdellesMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1. Open Door COGIC

2. Two years

3. I did.

4. Every first Sunday is Communion. Baptism Services are scheduled as needed. Offering is every Sunday.

5. No. But, our music department is pretty rockin'!

7. The Bible says "as often as you..." It doesn't say to take it every Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyBDG
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM
No band, older hymns, no standing all day a few smaller screens out in lobby if you have a disruptive child and can't be in there, baptisms are not at regular times just whenever they get a handful of people that approach them wanting to be baptized. Communion is only once a month or two. My dh and I picked the church together, we visited and it was so welcomIng and supportive felt like home instantly, we've been here almost 3 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbell711
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM
We believe that communion can be done as often as we like. Its a reminder of the blood He shed for us and his body.

Quoting samara_love33:

Why is communion every so often?

Quoting southernbell711:

1. A southern baptist church in east tn

2. 5 yrs to current church but the church before that i went since i was born.

3. Current church i picked. last one my grandfather picked it he passed away so i switched churches

4. We have communion once a mth. Sometimes once every 2 mths.

baptisms vary. When someone is ready to baptized we baptize them.

5. We do have a band. But i mean everybody sits down. We dont have tv's in any room lol were just a good ole country church with traditional ways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured