Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you call cps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
When I went outside last night to look at the super moon I heard my neighbor yelling at her kid. She was screaming and he was screaming. I heard her smack him once. I've known her for years and she isn't the greatest mom but she's single and taking care of her sick mom plus her 2 year old. Anytime he ever gets in to anything at all, she'll start screaming.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluespagan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Screaming doesn't constitute a CPS call.  And since you didn't see her hit him I don't they would do anything.

AdellesMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM
4 moms liked this
Hell no. The only thing CPS will do is laugh in your face and hang up. I think you should mind your own business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmhmmm!!!

Quoting AdellesMom:

Hell no. The only thing CPS will do is laugh in your face and hang up. I think you should mind your own business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM
No I wouldn't call for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I would in a heart beat. My Mother was the same. It has emotionally damaged me till this day. Hopefully they can help her with parenting classes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM
8 moms liked this
No. Do you know she smacked him? I sometimes clap my hands or snap my fingers to make my child pay attention. Do you know where she smacked him? Spanking is not illegal. Neither is yelling at your kid. Sounds like she has enough problems without CPS in her business. If anything id offer to watch him some evening- sounds like she needs a night out!
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Do you know she smacked him? I sometimes clap my hands or snap my fingers to make my child pay attention. Do you know where she smacked him? Spanking is not illegal. Neither is yelling at your kid. Sounds like she has enough problems without CPS in her business. If anything id offer to watch him some evening- sounds like she needs a night out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I wouldn't call CPS but since you know that your neighbor is a little overwhelmed, perhaps talk to her and see if she needs some help or at the least, someone to talk to. I do think you have a reason to be concerned:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
4 moms liked this
How about helping her out offer to let the kid play at your house every now and then. Can you imagine taking care of your ill parent while parenting ALONE.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Well she said if he didn't get in bed then she was going to smack him then after I heard it she said do you want me to smack you again? I didn't call cps but I was just wondering about cm ladies. And she gets her nights out almost every other.weekend lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)