Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for Christians, about dead Christians

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you think those who have died are in Heaven right now, at this moment? Why or why not?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Quoting LectioDivina:

I'm not sure if anyone I know made it in...

I think pretty much everyone I knew that died is either in an angelic realm or continued back on earth

Reincarnation seems to be the most sensible after-life theory to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

right...because everything you read in the Bible MUST be true....

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Yes, Christians who die go straight to Heaven. I know because I read the Bible.

Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with Me in paradise."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I belive if you have Jesus in your heart, you will go to heaven. I'm not Christian or Catholic. I'm not even sure what "category" I would be in. But I do believe in Jesus and God.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM
She has issue with the fact different denominations interpret the Bible differently.

Quoting paknari:

Actually many people believe something different and also read the bible. What scripture are you referring to? The one you posted can be interpreted as when Jesus returns.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with Me in paradise."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I believe they are now nutrients feeding the life cycles of other living organisms...their souls are either already reborn or finishing business...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She must have skipped over a lot of chapters so it fits what she wants it to in her life.

Quoting Anonymous:

right...because everything you read in the Bible MUST be true....

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
That's the thing. There really is no 'being sure'. There are Scripture to back up both viewpoints.

Quoting hp2011:

You're welcome... but I am no Bible Scholar... so you may want to google it to be sure, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you

Quoting hp2011:

According to the Bible, they're waiting for Jesus to come back and save everyone, then everyone who is saved goes to heaven.

I think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM
The problem is PEOPLE interpret the Bible instead of letting the Bible interpret the Bible.

How do you let the Bible interpret itself you ask...? Gather all Scriptures on the subject and the answer should be pretty clear.
kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Quoting RiotousDigits:

Do the research.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM

There are just so many gray areas and unasnwered questions in the Bible. The Christian religion has a "my way or the highway" kind of feel to it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's the thing. There really is no 'being sure'. There are Scripture to back up both viewpoints.

Quoting hp2011:

You're welcome... but I am no Bible Scholar... so you may want to google it to be sure, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you

Quoting hp2011:

According to the Bible, they're waiting for Jesus to come back and save everyone, then everyone who is saved goes to heaven.

I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)