Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who's responsible for finding a sitter in this situation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

i've been with BF for over 3 years. i have a child who's 6 years old. at times, my dad will watch him, but not often. if he does watch him, i have to make sure my child is sleeping before we even go anywhere adn some nights, it's late (around 10 or 11pm) before he's sleeping and i'm able to go anywhere.

recently, i had someone who was willing to watch my child for a few hrs so me and BF can do something-- but instead of doing something with me, BF decides to go out with his sisters. almost every night though, he asks 'what do you want to do?'... i dont know. i dont have much to do at home, and as a parent, i dont want to leave my child here. IMO, if he truly wanted to do something with me, set up a date or something, HE'D hire a sitter... or am i wrong?  or since its my child, its my responsibility to find a sitter, pay for the sitter ($10-15/hr) and most likely, pay for the date as well?

this is the man where we plan on getting married one day, and who says he'll treat my child just as he'll treat his own

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Its ur responsibility to find the sitter BC its your child. He sgould pay.for the date
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You're fighting a losing (and stupid) battle.  Find a sitter and make some plans if you want to do stuff.  It's not that hard.  Don't make a fight over nothing, it's not worth it.

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM
You're the parent, I think you should be the one to find a sitter. What if your bf finds someone that you don't trust to take care of your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Arika on May. 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM
It's your responsibility to find a sitter for your child, if he is not the father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Let's see...your boyfriend will go out without you and if you do go, you will end up paying.....and you want to marry him?

First of all, it would still by your responsibility to get and pay for a sitter if you would like to go out.  I don't understand why you would wait until your son is asleep before leaving him with your dad though. 

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Your kid, your responsibility. Besides, would you trust whatever random sitter he chooses?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I'd find the sitter myself just to make sure it was someone I'd trust my child with!

ambersmommy730
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Your child, your responsiblity to find and pay for a sitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I think it's your responsibility to find and pay for a sitter but if he's the one that wants to go out, he should be paying for the date.

stellarmom1
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
It's your responsibility as the mother to find a sitter and pay them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)