Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omfg. Ugh.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I only have 600 dollars in my account. :| I just paid a bunch bills and rent, but when I checked the online banking. I was all "Oh, wow. Rent went through really fast." Yeah, no, it was a rent check from a few months ago that our landlord delayed in cashing. I don't know what happened, but some where between switching the used up check book and the new check book something got messed up with keeping our balances.

I have to wait until tomorrow to transfer funds from savings to checking. I know it's not that biggest deal since we have the money in savings, but I freaked out for a minute. I don't know why he takes so long to cash the checks. :|

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
donnadea
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM
only $600 wow thats sucks. I payed all .y bills for the month and I only have... Hmmm lets see. My balance right now is -432.16 and my bank only allows overdraft of up to $500. Thats how it goes every month. Money goes in and takes care of my negative balance and i have a positive balance for about 2 days, then I pay all the bills and right back to negative. So I have a positive balance for about 2 days each month. It really sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NinjaMomma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM

why bother with all that when you could just balance your checkbook?

Quoting braezmommy89:

You can purchase more than one money order at a time... thats how i pay our rent.. I tell them the amount I need in money orders and they give me one for $500 and one for whats left...

Or I get a cashiers check at my bank.. Both are quick easy and check.. Although a money order is cheaper its 99¢ per money order here and a cashiers check is $8 at my bank.

Quoting NinjaMomma:

Some places won't let you pay cash, and money orders only go up to like 500$.  If you don't have reliable transportation to get the multiple money orders, it's a massive pain  in the ass to pay bills that way.

Quoting Mommavieve:

That's why we pay cash

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Kidding you? I wasn't making a joke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Sounds like a lot of people in here suck at managing money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I can understand something like that. But these people constantly screwing up their checkbook. I just dont see it being a task thats hard. My neighbor is one of those that says how hard balancing a check book is. Its not that hard and I hate math. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

When I balance my check book I always count the check even if it hasnt been cashed. Not sure how people make such a big deal out of check book balancing.

I usually do account for the check when I balance the check book. So when I balance it's considered already spent, but some how something was misaccounted for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I'm annoyed at both myself and my landlord. :|. Though I don't know why people are giving me sob stories about their negative balances. Get a damn job that pays better. :|

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand something like that. But these people constantly screwing up their checkbook. I just dont see it being a task thats hard. My neighbor is one of those that says how hard balancing a check book is. Its not that hard and I hate math. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

When I balance my check book I always count the check even if it hasnt been cashed. Not sure how people make such a big deal out of check book balancing.

I usually do account for the check when I balance the check book. So when I balance it's considered already spent, but some how something was misaccounted for.

thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Why i never use checks only money orders never saw that as a poor person thing just don't like waiting for a check to clear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM
You can do that to... Im just replying to what you said about money orders, you dont have to go to multiple places and a cashiers check is like a check except it withdrawls the money immediatly so its easier to keep track, in case a situation like op is in comes up.

Quoting NinjaMomma:

why bother with all that when you could just balance your checkbook?

Quoting braezmommy89:

You can purchase more than one money order at a time... thats how i pay our rent.. I tell them the amount I need in money orders and they give me one for $500 and one for whats left...

Or I get a cashiers check at my bank.. Both are quick easy and check.. Although a money order is cheaper its 99¢ per money order here and a cashiers check is $8 at my bank.

Quoting NinjaMomma:

Some places won't let you pay cash, and money orders only go up to like 500$.  If you don't have reliable transportation to get the multiple money orders, it's a massive pain  in the ass to pay bills that way.

Quoting Mommavieve:

That's why we pay cash

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM
How about online banking? That has helped me a lot. I was never much good at balancing my check book. My dad used to get so mad at me! ;-)

Once I noticed we only had $209 in our checking account. I about had a heart attack! It's scary how quickly the money goes in and goes out!!!!!
Mommavieve
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Really? I've never lived anywhere that didn't take cash.

Quoting NinjaMomma:

We live in an apartment complex with an office and they don't accept cash.  If my mom could remember her password I could pay my bit online though. (apartment is in her name, we split the rent down the middle)

Quoting Mommavieve:

We only pay cash for rent. Everything else is electronic.

Quoting NinjaMomma:

Quoting Mommavieve:

That's why we pay cash

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN