Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In the ER for splinters!!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 34 Replies
Yup we are at the ER with dd because she has splinters. She was climbing a palm tree at her grandparents last night and slid down the tree. We took her to urgent care this morning thinking they could take care of it. Nope they sent us to childrens ER for sedation. She has 30+ splinters that are all deep. I felt silly even going to urgent care ... who knew splinters could be ER worthy?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
demlilkit
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

If you dont get them taken care of they can move deeper into the skin and get infected.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM
damn! No bueno!

My Son had to go to urgent care to have rocks taken out of his elbow when he slid across our driveway, they were very deep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM

owch!!! my dd has a tendancy to do things like that but never bad enough for the er. good luck to ya. thats gotta suck for her

missbrinleysmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM

My husband sees people in his ER everyday for much sillier things than that...lol hope they are able to take care of it quickly!

Baby.on.board
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Hope she feels better soon!!!

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Poor kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popomill
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Hey, it happens! My dad finally went to the doctor because he had a splinter and thought he got all of it out of his thumb, nope he still had a very small piece of it left in his finger and it got infected! Hope she's doing better and I hope her tree climbing skills improve a little after this so it doesn't happen again!

tifbrown
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Ouch! I did that as a kid climbing a wooden basketball poll. At least they are sedating her. I know the whole process was brutal when it happened to me. Hope her hand is all better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swizzlefiz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. So far she is the happiest kid in the ER .... no needles yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrinewfe21
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Hey my dad did that already he was up hunting and his treestand let go and he hugged the tree on the way down so he had to go to the er for that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured