Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you JEALOUS of kids that are better looking than yours?? **ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Please do not respond with "All moms think their baby is the most beautiful!"  I think all babies are cute, I'm mainly talking children 12 months and older. I know all moms look at their kids and think they're adorable, but some part of them has to be able to recognize if another child is prettier/more handsome. Do you secretly feel jealous when you see a child the same age as yours that is obviously better looking?? Not that you would ever SAY anything to your child, or let them know you felt that way, but some kids just ARE cuter than others.

ETA** The reason I am asking is b/c of a recent situation involving my dd, her friend and the other girl's mom.  The mom is always kind of rude to me, very short and unfriendly, even towards dd, even though her daughter is good friends with mine.  I have always wondered why b/c I've been nothing but nice to her. My dh knows her husband pretty well, and he told me that recently she had confided in him how beautiful she thinks my dd is, and how jealous she is that hers isn't as pretty. (These are her words.) I was shocked b/c I've never felt "jealous" of another child and sad that she would think her dd is anything less than gorgeous. I mean, honestly I knew my dd was "cuter" than hers, but who cares really. And who cares enough to be mean to me about it!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM

In my eyes there are not kids better looking than mine. I LOVE my kids more than I will ever love any other child on Earth, so to me they will always be perfect.

charliebean
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM
You've never met all children. I've met kids who are ugly inside AND out.

Quoting Debalexxa:

No...I just think all children r beautiful if not on the outside the inside....I'm a biased mom I think my children r beautiful

Quoting charliebean:

Have you seen The Golden Compass?

Quoting Debalexxa:

I think all children are beautiful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Just being honest, I've only met or seen one group of kids that were as cute as mine. My bestie's cousin's kids are gorgeous. Jealous? Nah...we all got problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommiie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
No, my son is too handsome and he got swagg. Yea i see lil pretty boy babies that r cute but i dont get jealous cuz my son is the truth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debalexxa
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I try and find beauty in all children....I will never call another child ugly, and never be jealous of another child...however I will say that children to to through awkward phases as they get older....

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Debalexxa:

No...I just think all children r beautiful if not on the outside the inside....I'm a biased mom I think my children r beautiful

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Debalexxa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Well I agree with you about the whole "inner beauty" thing, but the reason I asked you if you'd seen that movie is because there is a kid in it who is just... unfortunate looking. And that's the nicest way I can say it. It's one of my favorite movies but I have a hard time watching the scenes with that kid in them. It's kinda funny to think that his mom is probably just like everyone else in this thread and thinks he's the most adorable thing on the planet.

Quoting Debalexxa:

I try and find beauty in all children....I will never call another child ugly, and never be jealous of another child...however I will say that children to to through awkward phases as they get older....

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Debalexxa:

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Debalexxa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Not at all.

ICPclwnLOV
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I would never be jealous of another child's looks VS. my children's. I love my children no matter what they look like.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I wouldn't be jealous of other people's children. It's just genetics, can't control that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Arika on May. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Nope I dont get jealous.  There is always someone out there who is more beautiful than you (or your kids in this case). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured