Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My manager doesn't like me..LONG and cussing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

The feeling is mutual though, but I don't go out of my way to act like a bitch. I have went in on my days off when she's called me and asked me to come in.I turned her down only twice because I had no one to watch my kids, she takes that personally. I've even stayed way later because someone was running 3 hours late and she asked me to stay. I've even worked while sick with the flu and I never complained.  So, because I couldn't come in one day (on my day off) she decided to fuck with my schedule. She knows what hours I can work because of child care arrangments. I even wrote it down, so she has no excuse. For 3 weeks now she has messed with my schedule and putting me on nights when she knows I can only do days. I am not the only one she does it to, My friend said she doesn't like me because I won't kiss her ass. A lady who has worked there since the beginning told me our manager does take things personally and that she is very 2 faced and backstabbing and that she can't be trusted.  

Anyway, there is plenty more to that. 

Friday I had to work 2nd shift. I had just got out of the hospital for severe abdominal pain and I asked if I could leave a little early because I was in massive pain and super nauseated. I was about to pass out from it and she told me I had to stay, despite the fact there was plenty of people there. My coworkers became concerned because I got very very pale and ran to sit down before I hit the floor. I even worked yesterday and I was in massive pain still. It's my gallbladder and my Dr said it may need to be removed. If any of you ladies have ever had gallbladder issues then you know just how bad it is. She flat out doesn't care.I even have paper from the ER and Dr proving it. I was thisclose to going to our general manager and telling him about it, but I know she would make my job a living hell if I did.

Anyone else have a manager like this? Any advice on how to deal with her? I am killing her with kindness but I can only bite my tongue for so long. Quitting isn't an option, I am looking for another job though.

She's trying to push me out the door because she CAN'T flat out fire me, I am damn good at my job. There is a lot of other bs she does to me.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LuvCoopins
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Just keep looking for another job. She will never change. I've dealt with asshole bosses before. But I'm a bitch, so I've always ended up telling them off and quitting =) Good luck.

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I did and once I stood up for myself, she backed down and today even though I no longer work there, we're still friends.

ambersmommy730
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM
You must work in fast food because you just described my last fast food job. lol. No advice here. I just found another job. Sorry you have to deal with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I would have left anyway. Turning pale and almost passing out?! Yeah, she could have puckered up and kissed my ass that day! When you are feeling better, go to the general manager, it sounds like she keeps doing it because no one is speaking up about it. I really hope you feel better and find another job soon. You don't need her extra bullshit when you already aren't feeling well. Stop going in on your day off, tell her you have plans and that's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I have stood up for myself before, when she tried to blame me for something stupid that I didn't do. I pissed her off intentionally yesterday and omg was she mad. O well, she shouldn't have messed with my schedule again. I knew she couldn't fire me for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM

LOL it isn't fast food.

I wanted so bad to go, but the 2nd shift manager did all she could to make me comfortable. I know if I had walked out she would've fired me and we need the money right now. My DH is actually good friends with the owner and the general manager adores my family. I just know she will try even harder to mess with me. 

I flat out refused to work today because of the amount of pain I am in and was she pissed when I told her I wouldn't work today. She put me down to work only 1 day this coming week. I made sure she heard me when I said to a friend "Wow, just 1 day! That won't even pay my cell phone bill. I'm going to enjoy my week off!" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

bumpity bump.

Oh and last week she called me a dummy. She acts like a child, I swear. She's even told me that she's getting sick of me. Isn't she a gem?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN