Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O teens can be great parents!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
6 moms liked this

I am so tired of hearing teens moms are bad moms or that we should have given up our children or that because we are teen moms we don't deserve a shower!!!

Let me tell you something I became pregnant at 15 years old my DH (boyfriend at the time) was 18 and at basic training when I found out we were having our first child, By the time I was 22 we had  three kids, were married and owned our own house!!!

I moved out of my parents house and in to my own apartment at 16, DH (we didn't get married until i was 18) was away in the army and paid for my apartment and my bills while I finished school and cared for our son.

I finished high school, and went on to become a RN....

I know for a fact being a young mom didn't make me a bad mom...I have always took care of my children and given them what they need.

I find it funny just because some of us have kids while we are still teens that means we are  automatically bad parents, but yet I know couples who are in their 20's..30's  and even 40's who can't support their own kids, who have kids by many different men, who have to live with others just to support their kids, who choose drugs and alcohol over their kids...

A good mom is someone who cares and loves their children, who support their children and are there for them. A good mom would die for her children.

A bad mom is someone who abuses their kids, don't support their kids, who choose drugs and alcohol and men over their kids, ect ect...

Age does not automatically make a person a good or a bad parent!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Couldn't agree with you more, OP! And good for you! <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
For some reason I hate when teen parents try to defend themselves...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

and I hate when others try to put down all teen parents instead of just shitty parents in general!

Quoting Anonymous:

truth.be.told
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I say moms dont have an age. Frankly it doesnt matter WHAT age you are- just if you can feed, clothe, give your kid a roof over their head and protect them as well as love them. That defines a mom. Not if shes 20,30 or 40+.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

lol, really?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Couldn't agree with you more, OP! And good for you! <3

I agree too! Whoever said you don't deserve a baby shower need to tend to their own kids and mind their business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I agree with you!

Quoting truth.be.told:

I say moms dont have an age. Frankly it doesnt matter WHAT age you are- just if you can feed, clothe, give your kid a roof over their head and protect them as well as love them. That defines a mom. Not if shes 20,30 or 40+.

Playitagain
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Some of the worst parents I've seen in my career are older women, it can go both ways. But for many of the younger moms I've seen are great parents. I was young, people also act like when your young there is no way you'll be together in the future, I say this with 20 years of marriage under my belt.
My daughter became pregnant at 15, however she has a sever mental disorder from years of abuse and neglect. That's actually how she got pregnant, she doesn't understand cause and effect and she had many boys convince her to sleep with them. we adopted the baby because she has no maternal instincts.
my daughter is a different point, but my point is that my experience doesn't mean I think all teens are bad parents so I don't get why those who have never been around it make assumptions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Aces2012
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM
We wouldn't have to if ignorant ppl didn't automatically say teen moms are bad moms. Just because you got pregnant later doesn't make you a better mom sweetheart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think being a teen mom automatically makes you a bad parent. It's not a person's age, it's their behavior and actions. There are great teen parents and there are really immature 'I feel sorry for their kid' teen parents. But the same can be said for parents of all ages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN