Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
DH and I went to the store for some groceries, he ended up waiting for a haircut while we went shopping. When we got home he normally helps put groceries away, mostly he separates the meat while I put everything else up. I figured he'd do that while I put some laundry on. He put the meat that didn't need to be separated away and went to watch tv so I asked him about it and he said I could do it and went back to the tv. So I told him he could get the laundry and start it and the dishwasher needed to be loaded, since during the week that's his only job besides taking out trash and I'd done it 4 days in a row. His response wad " ya ill get to it when I get to it" and plopped his butt in on the couch again! He has NEVER said anything like that to me. Normally he says okay and walks away. My jaw almost hit the ground. I've been asking him for a week to install a diaper sprayer, and I just went and installed it myself (homemade one not one of the store bought ones)
Honestly I'm getting tired of this shit. And I feel his comment was rather disrespectful...
Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Bump
CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

are you his wife or his mother?  SO I TOLD HIM... really.. i would have sat my ass on the couch too.  LoLoLoLoL

Quoting Anonymous:

DH and I went to the store for some groceries, he ended up waiting for a haircut while we went shopping. When we got home he normally helps put groceries away, mostly he separates the meat while I put everything else up. I figured he'd do that while I put some laundry on. He put the meat that didn't need to be separated away and went to watch tv so I asked him about it and he said I could do it and went back to the tv. So I told him he could get the laundry and start it and the dishwasher needed to be loaded, since during the week that's his only job besides taking out trash and I'd done it 4 days in a row. His response wad " ya ill get to it when I get to it" and plopped his butt in on the couch again! He has NEVER said anything like that to me. Normally he says okay and walks away. My jaw almost hit the ground. I've been asking him for a week to install a diaper sprayer, and I just went and installed it myself (homemade one not one of the store bought ones)
Honestly I'm getting tired of this shit. And I feel his comment was rather disrespectful...
Wwyd?

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he has PMS! LOL..my husband has days where he gets like this...Its annoying...but I tell him to buck up and just do it before I get really angry! My husband hates seeing me mad and he gets scared which he has admitted..so he just does it to avoid problems. hahahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I'm a sahm now do I do everything he busts his ass 6 days a week. Maybe compromise? Heck idk I usually just do everything myself it's what works for us anyway. Say like if he does something you will do something for him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Sorry I'm rather pissed right now, he's been pulling crap like this A LOT lately, and half the time if I ask him to do stuff he doesn't do it. 

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

are you his wife or his mother?  SO I TOLD HIM... really.. i would have sat my ass on the couch too.  LoLoLoLoL

Quoting Anonymous:

Wwyd?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

He doesn't care, he's started ignoring me if I'm upset or pissed lately... 

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Sounds like he has PMS! LOL..my husband has days where he gets like this...Its annoying...but I tell him to buck up and just do it before I get really angry! My husband hates seeing me mad and he gets scared which he has admitted..so he just does it to avoid problems. hahahaha

Baby.on.board
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I would ask him what's up. If this isn't a regular thing, then something is on his mind. Don't make him tell you, just say if something is up to let you know when he's ready. And that it hurt your feelings when he said that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM

There's nothing to compromise because he very rarely does anything. HE was the one who said he would do the dishwasher every day, and even said he'd do it before anything else as soon as he got home. He's never done it as soon as he gets home but I didn't say anything because he did it for a few days and now everything is 100% me. Between the kids, pets, school, traveling and babysitting I can't do everything on my own and he knows and agreed. He works 4-5 days a week. Bribing doesn't work with him. There's nothing to bribe him with anyway....

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a sahm now do I do everything he busts his ass 6 days a week. Maybe compromise? Heck idk I usually just do everything myself it's what works for us anyway. Say like if he does something you will do something for him?

spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I would have laughed and so okay. I'll hold you to it,  get it done eventually.

As for him not doing something I had been waiting for him to do. Wouldn't happen in my house. If I want something done, and I don't want to wait until he has the time to do it, I do it myself.

Saying "go fuck yourself I'm not doing it" would be disrespectful to me. Saying " I'll get to it when I get to it" isn't disrespectful to me. That is my SO saying, I'm doing something else right now or I don't feel like it right now and I'll get to it when I'm finished or ready to.

jensmommy02
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It's only been 4 day's. Give the man a break. Maybe he has stuff on his mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured