Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need advice mommies!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 38 Replies

My little one is only a month. She is having awful awful gas. Do you guys have any advice as to what i can do to help relieve her of it? she is in pain and i cant stand it! The doc told me at her first visit they are too young for medication until at least 2 months. 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

they sell these little gas strips that are "natural" for babies

kittiekattie83
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Ok i will look for those. Thank you!!

Quoting weirdkids:

they sell these little gas strips that are "natural" for babies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Gripe water is amazing and they can have it that young. Are you ff or bf?
kittiekattie83
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Okay awesome! I'm bf. But i've been being so very careful with my diet so i dont understand :(

Quoting Anonymous:

mandysue88
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM
The gas drops are great and worked for my kiddos. Question, are. Y formula feeding or breast? I don't care either way its a mothers choice and I hate when wemon start arguing over a choice that is made by a mother for her child its no ones buisness but hers. Anyways where I was going with this was if u are formula feeding try changing to a different bottle they have them that don't hold air in them so its less likely for them to get gassy, playtex makes great bottles and nipples. If you are breast feeding try changing your diet alittle to include less of the foods that commonly cause gas, it may just be somthing u ate that dosent agree with her. My mother inlaw toldd me to try peppermint water like 2ozs of it. I did not want to but she did it anyways and it worked faily well just don't over use it once a day is more then enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Baby Prune Juice with water.

kittiekattie83
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I'm breastfeeding. And the thing is i have been having basically the blandest most boring diet lol to try to avoid this. So im not sure what is going on. I just hate that my poor little angel is in pain :(

Quoting mandysue88:

The gas drops are great and worked for my kiddos. Question, are. Y formula feeding or breast? I don't care either way its a mothers choice and I hate when wemon start arguing over a choice that is made by a mother for her child its no ones buisness but hers. Anyways where I was going with this was if u are formula feeding try changing to a different bottle they have them that don't hold air in them so its less likely for them to get gassy, playtex makes great bottles and nipples. If you are breast feeding try changing your diet alittle to include less of the foods that commonly cause gas, it may just be somthing u ate that dosent agree with her. My mother inlaw toldd me to try peppermint water like 2ozs of it. I did not want to but she did it anyways and it worked faily well just don't over use it once a day is more then enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Okay, try the gripe water, if that doesnt work talk to your doctor again. My son ended up being allergic to milk, breast and formula, so he has to be on a special soy formula. Im sure thats not the case for you, but you are your sons best advocate. A little baby gas is normal, but when they are in pain constantly and its a lot, its usually because of an underlying issue.

Quoting kittiekattie83:

Okay awesome! I'm bf. But i've been being so very careful with my diet so i dont understand :(

Quoting Anonymous:

kittiekattie83
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Okay Thank you so much. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, try the gripe water, if that doesnt work talk to your doctor again. My son ended up being allergic to milk, breast and formula, so he has to be on a special soy formula. Im sure thats not the case for you, but you are your sons best advocate. A little baby gas is normal, but when they are in pain constantly and its a lot, its usually because of an underlying issue.

Quoting kittiekattie83:

Quoting Anonymous:

LuvCoopins
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Gripe Water. It's natural and safe for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN