Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im torn.... idk what to do..... *update in Blue*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

heres the thing...

i am against myself having an abortion... now if thats your choice thats what you wanna do then thats fine.... just for myself i cant even think about it....

i scheduled an appointment with the OB/GYN to have a check up and so i can talk to about BC choices.  i just had my ds 5 months ago... i went to the hospital one day for a very bad pain which then found out that i had a cyst in my overies and also that i was i believe 9wks pregnant. so during that pregnancy i had my check ups with that dr. and the check up after 6wks of birth.  i havnt been to a OBGYN ever since i moved to this state which was a month before we concieved.....

ANYWAYS.... i just had this gut feeling that i NEED to take a pregnancy test.... so i took one friday night... it was positive... my appointment is on monday.... my DH wants me to abort the pregnancy because if we had this child it will be hard for us, which i understand.... i mean we have 2 kids right now and its already tight as we speak... its just i never thought i would need to make this decision... the one day we slipt up on not using a condom we get pregnant.... grrrr just my luck....

he tells me that he will support my decision either way... but i know its best to abort.... i know i am probably going to get bashed for this post... but i really needed to talk to someone... i really dont want to tell my parents, inlaws, or friends about this because i dont want a opinion from someone who knows me. i want a strangers opinion... im sorry i know im being weird about this....

anyways...(sorry i get side tracked a lot...) i asked my DH how he felt about carrying the child full term and giving the child for adoption.... which we both agreed that we will probably get too attached by the end and would be depressed...

so i feel like i lose no matter what.  my DH has asked me if im ok for the past two days... he keeps saying that i seemed depressed.... i just dont know how i should be feeling....

*up date*

so last monday (may 7th) i went in to my OB for an appointment for blood work.  they wanted to see how my hormon leves were and if i was 100% pregnant.  test came back and it was positive.

i had an appointment today for an ultrasound so they could get the age of fetus.  they comfirmed that i am exactly 6wks pregnant today (may 16th).

now my DH and i have talked over the weeks and made an decision. it wasnt easy to make... but we both agreed that it would be best to not go through with this pregnancy.... so i have an appointment with plan parenthood clinic on the 23rd of this month....

as much as we both want this child we are financially, physically, mentally not ready... we agreed that we were going to wait for at least another 2yrs.  we both wish we didnt have to make this decision but we know this would be the best option for us.... i know some people may think we are being stupid or something and may bash me.... but thats ok.  because we made the decision and we are sticking by each other, even if things get tough.... i am truly blessed to have such supportive and understanding DH.

And thank you for thoes who have helped me through this.  i really do appreciate your support.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Do what you feel is best for you. Make your decision and be OK with it. Dont let others make it for you. No one but you and your husband know what is best for you. I'm sorry momma I wish I could say do _____.it will be the best thing for you but I can't. Hugs and I am sorry you are forced into this. together figure it out.

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
You have to do what you feel is right for you. Just make sure that the decision is something you can emotionally. If you need to vent you can PM me. No judgment no matter what decision you come to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.knickers
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM
CM probably isn't the best place to come for support on this topic....but the bashers aren't queuing up to take on the baby themselves, they have no say in whatever decision you make. It's yours and your family's choice. Don't forget that. This pregnancy will affect your family, not a bunch of strangers on a website, so when (and they will) they bash...just remember that.

Your partner sounds supportive, he will help you through whateer choice you make. Will say a prayer for you. Take care. Xx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJmama4
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I will not tell you what to do, but (just what im getting) i believe you will regret your decision to abort. Most people can without a doubt go to a clinic and do it, without turning back. I believe you may be hurting because you already love this child. My husband lost his job a few years ago, we became homeless with 2 kids...then we found out we were expecting twins!!! I cried because I will didn't know what to do, but thank God we made it. The kids are pretty close in age, and I couldn't imagine my life without them!! I will pray for your situation! Only you can make it and i'm sure it will work out!! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM
No its ok that you can't give me a straight answer. Thank you though.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Do what you feel is best for you. Make your decision and be OK with it. Dont let others make it for you. No one but you and your husband know what is best for you. I'm sorry momma I wish I could say do _____.it will be the best thing for you but I can't. Hugs and I am sorry you are forced into this. together figure it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Thank you so much. I guess I just really needed to et it off my chest :(

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

You have to do what you feel is right for you. Just make sure that the decision is something you can emotionally. If you need to vent you can PM me. No judgment no matter what decision you come to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I know cm isn't probably the best place to ask for this kind of help... It's just I hate to ask people who know me cuz they will tell me what they think I want... I wanted a complete strangers opinion because that there isn't a friendship feeling in there... Idk I hope this makes sense...

Quoting little.knickers:

CM probably isn't the best place to come for support on this topic....but the bashers aren't queuing up to take on the baby themselves, they have no say in whatever decision you make. It's yours and your family's choice. Don't forget that. This pregnancy will affect your family, not a bunch of strangers on a website, so when (and they will) they bash...just remember that.

Your partner sounds supportive, he will help you through whateer choice you make. Will say a prayer for you. Take care. Xx
mdwinter
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM

You ultimately have to do what is best for you, but just remember if you don't believe in aboration, that will be something that haunts you the rest of your life.  Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Yes. My DH is very supportive and I thank him for that. It's just in very confused to know what's the best for us.... Not just him not just me.... But for us....

Quoting AJmama4:

I will not tell you what to do, but (just what im getting) i believe you will regret your decision to abort. Most people can without a doubt go to a clinic and do it, without turning back. I believe you may be hurting because you already love this child. My husband lost his job a few years ago, we became homeless with 2 kids...then we found out we were expecting twins!!! I cried because I will didn't know what to do, but thank God we made it. The kids are pretty close in age, and I couldn't imagine my life without them!! I will pray for your situation! Only you can make it and i'm sure it will work out!! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Yes.... Thank you...

Quoting mdwinter:

You ultimately have to do what is best for you, but just remember if you don't believe in aboration, that will be something that haunts you the rest of your life.  Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)