Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God in everything...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Does being a Christian mean that all you talk about is God? How about these people who can't have a simple conversation without God being in it. Now, I am  A christian and God is great. However, I can freely think about other things as well and I don't feel guilty.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhope4
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with ya!  I'm Christian too, but I don't talk about God in every conversation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a Christian and I love to talk about God but I do talk about other things too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Quoting rhope4:

I'm with ya!  I'm Christian too, but I don't talk about God in every conversation.

It makes me wonder why they do it? Is it because they really are that close with God or do they do it because they are afraid they could slip away from God?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I am Christian and God is not something I talk about all the time. I think He likes how I have individuality. He doesn't want me to say "I was so constipated and then God blessed me with a miracle poop today."
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am Christian and God is not something I talk about all the time. I think He likes how I have individuality. He doesn't want me to say "I was so constipated and then God blessed me with a miracle poop today."

Yes!!

This is what I am talking about especially the poop thing lol

rhope4
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I've had times where I DID talk about Him all the time, and it was when I felt Him super-close.  I think some do it to bring others to Him, but I also think they can carry it too far.  We need to live our lives as He would have us to live instead of preaching all the time, and that's a message that many don't seem to understand.  When others ask us how we can be happy when we're going through so much, that's when we can tell them about the peace that God gives us.  When we love the unloveable and get asked about it, we can do the same thing.  The list goes on.

The Lord draws people to Himself as He sees fit, and we should allow Him to do that.  If He leads us to talk about Him, do it.  If not, keep the trap shut.  There's a reason for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rhope4:

It makes me wonder why they do it? Is it because they really are that close with God or do they do it because they are afraid they could slip away from God?

AdellesMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a Christian and I love to talk about God but I do talk about other things too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rliperote2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I hate hate when politicians do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
OMG me too.

Quoting rliperote2:

I hate hate when politicians do it

Sweet_Faith
In life and n the end all that really matters is the truth.
Today at 6:03 AM
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)