Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just asked me if he could...

Posted by   + Show Post

wear tights underneath his jeans all of the time because he likes the way they feel.

Should I be concerned?

Will it be okay for him to wear them under his shorts too when the weather gets warm? 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
TrouserMouse
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I explained it in an earlier reply.  They were left over from one of his brother's halloween costumes.  He found them one day and wore them. Now, anytime he comes across them, he wears them.  He just really likes the way they feel.  I posted a video of him talking about it a little with them on.

Quoting chalisa0:

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I am curious as to how he knows how tights feel.  My son is almost 15 and has never worn tights...

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Lol! DS's favorite color is pink, but he hasn't asked for tights...yet. I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd want him to be comfortable. I have sensory issues regarding fabric.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I don't know, but I am sure pink tights has nothing to do with determining sexuality. I played with Hot Wheels and He-Man stuff when I was a kid.  I hated dresses and dolls or anything girly. I still do.  I am not gay.  I will ask my gay guy friends if wearing pink tights is the mark of the gay child.

Quoting Anonymous:

are there lots of other little boys obsessed with pink tights?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think he is, but it doesn't matter.  

Quoting Anonymous:

No. He's probably gay anyway. He's just being himself.

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

My son had to dress up as Benjamin Franklin and really liked wearing the tights, lol. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I wonder what it is about that...lol.

Quoting b0bbied0ll:

My son had to dress up as Benjamin Franklin and really liked wearing the tights, lol. 

ArianasMama2007
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:05 PM
5 moms liked this
You are publicly humiliating your child over the internet on YouTube and cm where all of his friends and their parents can see, not funny imo

Quoting TrouserMouse:

He doesn't have sensory issues.  He just really likes tights.  We have had this one pair of pink tights in the house the last 1.5 years and every time he comes across them, he puts them on.  He loves them. He has worn them all day.  I posted a video earlier.  He finally came to me tonight and asked if he can start wearing them under his jeans because they feel good.  He was totally serious.  

I am not really concerned. I just find it slightly amusing and ....odd...lol.

Quoting coleysmama:

Does he have sensory issues? How did he know he likes them in the first place?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indyb
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I wouldn't be worried,  but I bet once it starts getting hot out it will be uncomfortable

TrouserMouse
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM

How is that humiliating?  He likes it.  He enjoys being the comedian.  He is far from humiliated.  He was excited for it to be on youtube and couldn't wait to show people...lol.

Maybe you and your children are easily embarassed.  He is not.

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

You are publicly humiliating your child over the internet on YouTube and cm where all of his friends and their parents can see, not funny imo

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Wrestlers?

Quoting Anonymous:

are there lots of other little boys obsessed with pink tights?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think he is, but it doesn't matter.  

Quoting Anonymous:

No. He's probably gay anyway. He's just being himself.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM

That is what I am thinking.  Once he wears them when it is hot, it will be all over.  That is a very uncomfortable feeling. It won't feel awesome anymore.

Quoting indyb:

I wouldn't be worried,  but I bet once it starts getting hot out it will be uncomfortable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)