Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just asked me if he could...

Posted by   + Show Post

wear tights underneath his jeans all of the time because he likes the way they feel.

Should I be concerned?

Will it be okay for him to wear them under his shorts too when the weather gets warm? 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (251-260):
BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I gotcha - you're saying you never said that. Funny how twisted things can get when you can't hear inflection online :)

Quoting Achromia:

And AGAIN, it makes no sense because the "line" does not exist. Wow! How mant times does it have to be said that is a twisted version.
I give up.
Moving on....

Quoting BrookeLisette:

I think you're confused!

Quoting .shank.:

Lmfao. That line is fucking epic.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You mean the part about her crying because she got dry humped?  <------- She thought htat line was 'fucking epic'.

Quoting Achromia:

I know she was talking to you. She quoted you didnt she. There was no line and she never answered what she was talking about because it didnt exist. You twisted a conversation and she said she loved that line. Lol

Yes, I fail...i fail to see where any of you even know what your talking about. You can only think of bits and pieces so you fill in the rest.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Actually, she was talking to me and the comment she made obviously went right over your heard.  It makes perfect sense, but you failed (and are still failing) to comprehend it.

Quoting Achromia:

Fail! This would be easier to comprehend if they made sense. You dont even have a clue do ya? You just wanted to put your input in there and without even knowing the conversation. Lol

There was no" line" and she failed to explain. The only reply she could give was she didnt quote me but the comment was about me so that was irrelevant.

Quoting kattu:

TrouserMouse
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

He isn't going swimming. He is dancing in tights.  How are his tights more or less inappropriate than the others when they aren't exposing any more or less than the other? 

You really find those women in their underwear as inappropriate compared to the women in the little bikinis?  That is the problem.  You prefer clothing that lets stuff hang out.  Now I get it.  Well, his stuff is all covered up, except the part where the hole is.

Quoting Anonymous:

The bottom one.  100%  Those women's under garments would be pretty see-through when wet - you know, 'cause they're UNDERGARMENTS.  Exhhhhhhhhausting!  oy. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You forgot your H.

So, you are saying it is inappropriate to show clothes that are meant to be worn underneath other clothing.

You tell me which of these is the more inappropriate one:

Sometimes society's definition of what is acceptable and what isn't is wrong.  In the end, he isn't showing any more or any less. It does not matter what the clothing was intended for. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So a women wearing underwear and a bra to the beach or public pool is the same as wearing a bathing suit?  They are made differently for a reason.  Exxxaaauuusssting.  

Quoting TrouserMouse:=

Achromia
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Lol, yes. Ty. Im glad you got it. And, yes there are times it can be difficult to get ones expression clear over the net.

Quoting BrookeLisette:

I gotcha - you're saying you never said that. Funny how twisted things can get when you can't hear inflection online :)

Quoting Achromia:

And AGAIN, it makes no sense because the "line" does not exist. Wow! How mant times does it have to be said that is a twisted version.

I give up.

Moving on....

Quoting BrookeLisette:

I think you're confused!

Quoting .shank.:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You mean the part about her crying because she got dry humped?  <------- She thought htat line was 'fucking epic'.

Quoting Achromia:

I know she was talking to you. She quoted you didnt she. There was no line and she never answered what she was talking about because it didnt exist. You twisted a conversation and she said she loved that line. Lol

Yes, I fail...i fail to see where any of you even know what your talking about. You can only think of bits and pieces so you fill in the rest.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Actually, she was talking to me and the comment she made obviously went right over your heard.  It makes perfect sense, but you failed (and are still failing) to comprehend it.

Quoting Achromia:

Fail! This would be easier to comprehend if they made sense. You dont even have a clue do ya? You just wanted to put your input in there and without even knowing the conversation. Lol

There was no" line" and she failed to explain. The only reply she could give was she didnt quote me but the comment was about me so that was irrelevant.

Quoting kattu:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Achromia
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM
I think you are very bored tonight.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I think it is time to quit trying. She just doesn't understand.

Quoting BrookeLisette:

I think you're confused!

Quoting .shank.:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting Achromia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Did I not reply to this?  I thought I did.  

Yes, I ask questions that appear obvious to poke fun at the situation. Some people poke fun right along with me and get it and some people take it to a whole different level. That is how CM works. And I say "appear" because to me it is obvious there is nothing to be concerned with, but CM has taught me that plenty of parents would be.

Quoting DaiTilley:

?

Quoting DaiTilley:

But by saying that there's no reason anyone should see it as in any way inappropriate, you're acknowledging that your question in the OP was one you'd already devised your answer to, so it WAS a pointed question meant to stir drama, no?

And although I agree with you, and think it's totally harmless for you to let your boy wear tights and have silly pictures & videos of him, you know others don't feel the same way, and some people (especially kids) can be pretty cruel. I already have a stash of pictures that I find silly and plan to pull out when hje brings a girl home to meet me and Daddy, but I wouldn't post them on the internet.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:54 AM

No, actually I am quite entertained that you, of all people, are preaching to me about how I should present my children on the internet.  Did she get dry humped or not? I am pretty sure I didn't just conjure that story up.  

Oh, and the line exists because I said it.  It is there.  She thought it was funny.  Whether the dry humping is true or not, there was still a line and she thought it was funny. 

Quoting Achromia:

I think you are very bored tonight.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I think it is time to quit trying. She just doesn't understand.

Quoting BrookeLisette:

I think you're confused!

Quoting .shank.:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting Achromia:

kattu
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Thanks for the endless laughs. Keep 'em coming.

Quoting Achromia:

Im not going to stoop to your level ,so since you are calling names, I am done with you. I dont even know who you are. You seem bored and clueless and all you want is drama. Well, look else where because you wont get a rise out of me. Your comments are nothing to me.

I already explained why it didnt make sense to me to trouser, at a level that is obviously too adult for you so this conversation is over. Ill ignore you along with a hand full of others who seem to lack the ability to have adult conversations.

Have a good night.

Quoting kattu:

You're an idiot. I'm going to go ahead and explain this for you. She quoted Trouser, not you. She was referring to what T said, which is called "a line" in this case. She said it was hilarious, because it fucking was. Once again, you're an idiot.

Quoting Achromia:

Quoting kattu:

Maybe you shouls get a grasp on reading comprehension before you comment on someone else's.

Quoting Achromia:

um, ok. you are making a lot of sense.

And moving on..........

Quoting .shank.:

Lol its a good thing I didn't quote you then.

Quoting Achromia:

I have no idea what line you are talking about

Quoting .shank.:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You mean the part about her crying because she got dry humped?

Quoting Anonymous:

what's comprable is that you have posted info about your children up here that should be private. and no, not just him cheating on her, the relationship in general. you even made a post regretting doing so.

Quoting Achromia:

Um, about her bf cheating on her? Yes. Whats your point? The comment i quoted was talking about posting private videos and pictures. I dont see where my post about my dd having problems with her bf is comparable.

Quoting Anonymous:

arent you the one who kept going on and on about YOUR daughter's love life on cm? you have no place to talk.

Quoting Achromia:

This is the most mature and intelligent reply i have seen in this post yet.

Quoting areles:

okay, yeah, i gotta weigh in on this video thing.  bear in mind that i'm writing this from the perspective of someone who enjoys your commentary here.

i'm unmoved by the fact that your son likes being silly and getting attention and answered your leading questions in the affirmative, that he doesn't mind you taking and posting these videos.  he's 9.  of course he likes attention and doesn't mind you posting this video on youtube and linking to it on cafemom - he's too young to understand the potential consequences.  your job as a parent is to understand those potential consequences and shield him from them.

the internet is forever.  fast forward to when he's applying for colleges or jobs and his name is googled. or, fast forward to the day one of his schoolmates finds it.

and bear in mind that you can take it down, sure, and maybe that video is not currently linked to his name.  but i can easily download that video via realplayer in less than three minutes and redistribute as i wish, and there would be absolutely nothing you can do about it.

they call it viral for a reason.

i'm not saying the pink tights thing is wrong.  i don't give a shit about your son prancing around in pink tights.  i don't even care about you taking a video and uploading it privately for your friends and family to see.

what i have a serious problem with - enough to say this without hiding behind the button - is that you are setting your son up to be tortured.  put that video in the hands of the average 12-year-old boy in your neighborhood and suddenly shit is gonna get REAL serious for your kid, REAL quick.  

or maybe not.  but it's a chance i would NEVER take, least of all to get the attention of a bunch of strangers on fucking cafemom.

you may have an open mind, and a lot of the ladies here might as well, but not everyone views things the way you do. 

so, i'm with the anons here, i'm sorry.  pink tights - fine.  putting this video in the public domain - really, definitely not fine. 

and again - that your son is cool with it is meaningless to me.  he's a little boy.  he doesn't know.  as you said yourself he has no sexuality yet, doesn't think in terms of gay or straight or fag or freak.  so he could not POSSIBLY anticipate the fallout from this, whether a month or a year or six years from now.  but you should be able to.

again.  i like you.  but this, i don't like.

and i'm really glad i missed the penis lollipop.  :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I don't think you should be concerned, but he might get pretty hot.  He's a silly kid.  :)  I was cracking up.  It might be a little counterproductive to wear tights under shorts when it's hot, so I would nudge him towards some spandex shorts or something.  Or if you buy transition tights (you can get them at a dance store), they have a hole in the bottom of the foot so he can pull them up on his legs to where they rest right below or above his knees.

LoveMyLos
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM

i wouldn't let him....too hot!

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM

maybe suggest light spandex or something? maybe the extra support feels better, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)