Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All white people are racist

My friend, who's dad is black and mom is white, says this all the time. She says that all white people are racist because they benefit from discrimination and that it's impossible for other races to be racist against white people because they can't benefit from it.

Thoughts?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Replies (91-100):
brlee1115
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM
What I'm saying is, is that if someone breaks the law, many assume they're black. Racism doesn't include one color or ethnicity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brlee1115:

Oh, I'm sorry. White, really white, ram and really tan. Is that better?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brlee1115:

Why does racism only involve color? There are the jews, Irish, gypsies, Indians, etc.

Your friend is ignorant and needs to refresh her history skills.

racism only involves race (which is usually associated with a color)... the things you mentioned arent races

no. jewish, iris, gypsies are not races (im not sure about indian, i think it might be... i learned this a while ago and im too lazy to look it up right now

and by associated with color i didnt meant it must be described as one, but since you said "why does it only involve color" i was pointing out that theres usually a color associated. relabeling a nationality with a color doesnt make it a race, though. i am jewish. i am caucasion. some people who are jewish (such as israeli jews) are middle eastern.. irish people are caucasion (white)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Racism is a mind set, its not benefiting from something that you have absolutely no control over. You can't choose if some racist jerk treats you better because you are white. Any race can be racist, racism means thinking your race is better then another race, it has nothing to do from who benefits from whom. 

Heather2terrors
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Quoting brlee1115:

i agree and can honestly say i have my "ghetto" moments .....everyone acts a damn fool sometimes ....
ktinaza
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Im not...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM
:)

Quoting Heather2terrors:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am because all I have seen around here is black people dressed like idiots in their sagging pants, or the ladies with earrings big enough to fit your damn head through. They also insist on acting ghetto and throwing fits in public if they feel they've been wronged. I have never in my life seen a white person....or any other race act as horribly as I have seen black people act. Also....the only black people on my street have been busted twice for drugs. Explain that one to me.

you must not get out much if youve never seen any other people act/dress like damn fools,why do you care how other people dress any way?..i feel sorry for people who are so ignorant....

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

So, you're friend is half racist?

bookmommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Anytime one says "All" or "None" the statement is intrinsically wrong.

"All generalities aren't worth a damn including this one"

briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Yup

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

That she is ignorant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on May. 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Not all white people are racist.

TheMommaJessie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM

how do whites benefit from being racist? we are the ones that usually get passed over for jobs because a black, mexican, ect has applied and it is discrimination if they do not hire them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN