Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want my kid.UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

I am a new member. I am here because I don't know where else to turn. I don't know what to do. I need to escape. I need to get out. I have spent the last year and a half at home, never gone out, never seeing my friends, never doing anything besides DR appts and such for the baby. The father says if I want to leave he wants full custody. Let's be honest, I stand no chance in hell if I fight. I have no job, I am young, and my future is dim. I don't want mediocre. I don't want PA my whole life. I want a future. A good one. One that I don't have to worry about finances. I want to let him take the baby, and go make a life for myself, and get him back when I'm ready, or maybe do joint custody. This isn't about partying, or going out. This is about me not wanting to live in the hood my whole life, me wanting to fulfill my aspiration of becoming a lawyer, and being successful. What kind of life would I REALLY be able to give my baby living like I am now? I know it's been done by other moms, but I feel like I'd get it done so much quicker if I could just go do it without having to worry about stuff like daycare, etc. I just want an assoiciates, and maybe in paralegal or something... something. Something that I'd be good at, that I could make enough money to support myself and my child.

Update: Just want to thank everyone who understood, and for those of you who thought I was selfish- whatever. I think my main issue now, after talking to the moms who weren't catty, is that I have PPD. For those of you who didn't read the replies. I was told I wouldn't be able to have children, so this was not planned. All I was thinking about was where my child and I will be in 5 years- and right now, 5 years from now seems dim. All I wanted, was joint custody. That's not abandoning, that's having half time at each parent's house.

That being said, now I'm going to look into resources to help with my PPD, since I don't have any insurance. Clearly no one can relate, because I'm sure no one on here has had PPD, right? I feel alone, hopeless, trapped, deprived, anxious... It's horrible. So, thanks for thinking I was selfish.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM
7 moms liked this
Um...you can better yourself while caring for your child. Just a thought. It is certainly possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

It will take forever. I just want to get it over with and get it done. I am just so stressed.

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

Um...you can better yourself while caring for your child. Just a thought. It is certainly possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Maybe you should give full custody to the father. It seems like he wants it and that way you can have a successful future. I'm sure you would have rights to see your child.

momto2girls89
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this
All good things take time. You'll have a hard time ever getting custody back.

Quoting Anonymous:

It will take forever. I just want to get it over with and get it done. I am just so stressed.

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this
You will have a harder time getting your child back if you have given him up.
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on May. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM

You know that if you give him up now, it is very unlikely that you will ever get him back fully. And rightly so. Do you really think any kid would want to have anything to do with a so-called mother who abandoned them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM

That's how I see it, too. He is established. He's 10 years my senior, so he's got his shit straight. I want to get mine straight too so I can be stable with or without him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you should give full custody to the father. It seems like he wants it and that way you can have a successful future. I'm sure you would have rights to see your child.

AdellesMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

It'll take time. I was able to do it. You need to have a plan and you need to have some patience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

even if my intentions were to get my shit together so I could provide for him better and his dad is already established and could care for him just fine? what if I just did joint custody and had him half the time?

Quoting jadedcynic:

You know that if you give him up now, it is very unlikely that you will ever get him back fully. And rightly so.

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

me me me I  I  I  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN