Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dead cow, front yard....

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 21 Replies
While going to garage sales we pass a house with the front yard torn up. There was a sign and a cross... On that sign it said RIP Bessie with a picture of a cow. Yes there really is a cow burrows in the front yard of this house. Needless to say we skipped that house!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lhernandez7208
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
O.o
I would have taken a pic.
Still though,wth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starry_dreamer
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Apparently they did it at night so no one knew. I don't know why they didn't just eat it or buddy it on the farm or something.

Quoting lhernandez7208:

O.o

Still though,wth?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Burrows?  You mean buried? Weird. lol

LucyHarper
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Why did you skip that house? Have you never buried a pet dog or cat or hamster? I live in a big farming town and a lot of people value certain livestock the same as they would a dog or cat. Kids raise a cow from birth to show it in a livestock show and get very attached to it, so whats wrong with giving it a proper burial? Better then cutting up their beloved pet and eating it or tossing it in the trash.

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Kinda crazy. The county I'm originally from it is illegal to bury dead livestock. When one of my horses died or any of the farm cattle we had to have the disposal truck come pick them up.

Quoting starry_dreamer:

Apparently they did it at night so no one knew. I don't know why they didn't just eat it or buddy it on the farm or something.

Quoting lhernandez7208:

O.o

Still though,wth?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM

There are pet cows you know, would you ever eat a pet dog or cat? 

Quoting starry_dreamer:

Quoting lhernandez7208:

O.o

Still though,wth?

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I saw a sign in some one's yard that said "My neighbor shot my dog" while traveling once.  Needless to say we held our pee a while longer, lol.

starry_dreamer
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Yes sorry auto correct

Quoting mich.el.le:

Burrows?  You mean buried? Weird. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Achromia
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM

What is a cow borrows?

starry_dreamer
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Because when we originally walked up the vibe of the people were just off. We didn't look around we just left and saw that.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Why did you skip that house? Have you never buried a pet dog or cat or hamster? I live in a big farming town and a lot of people value certain livestock the same as they would a dog or cat. Kids raise a cow from birth to show it in a livestock show and get very attached to it, so whats wrong with giving it a proper burial? Better then cutting up their beloved pet and eating it or tossing it in the trash.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)