Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMFG

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My kids opened my door and screamed. There is a semi dead possum sitting on my porch. I think my dog did it. WTF now I have to worry if my dog has rabies. Waiting on the police to come now.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swmmra
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It is pretty rare for an opossum to have rabies. yes it is possible, but very low chances. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The possum was very sick the police said. They dont know with what but they said the city wont pay for testing. All they can do is take the possum and dispose of it...

Quoting swmmra:

It is pretty rare for an opossum to have rabies. yes it is possible, but very low chances. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM
At what time of day did this happen? Last year my daughter was attacked playing in our backyard by a rabid fox. If it came out and it was early its possible it had rabies
zombiemommy7
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM

So do you basically just have to wait and see if your dog gets sick? Are you going to take him to the vet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM

They told me the vet can only tell by cutting their head off and looking at their brain. I love my dogs to much to kill them for no reason. He told me what to look out for.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

So do you basically just have to wait and see if your dog gets sick? Are you going to take him to the vet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM

It was still day light

Quoting Anonymous:

At what time of day did this happen? Last year my daughter was attacked playing in our backyard by a rabid fox. If it came out and it was early its possible it had rabies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Why did you call the police?
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Has your dog had its rabies vaccine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM
That's ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

They told me the vet can only tell by cutting their head off and looking at their brain. I love my dogs to much to kill them for no reason. He told me what to look out for.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Maybe take the dog to the vet to be checked out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)