Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got a forward facing car seat for my 9 month old!!

She won't be using it for a 3 more months but its the one I really wanted and it was on sale! I just had to buy it :)

Allison says she wants to ride in it now!!

EDIT: I regret posting this. lmao I just wanted to show off her cute car seat :P 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (201-210):
mom2bell
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Wow!  Who knew so many people would be in your car!!??  

I love how they say "it's your kid so do as you please...and then BAM hit you with the child neglect comments, bad mom, ERF is safest blah blah blah."  and all the stats on the laws....it's different in each state!

Whatever!  It is a cute seat.  It is a safe seat.  

Aeonix
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Quoting nocalmegan:

Thanks, I'll put that one on my list! It looks comfy and cute too. :)
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
It's cute, my son has been FF since he was a year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM
That seat can rear face so she use it now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
It hasn't come yet but I can't wait to get it. It was my favorite of all the convertible seats :)

Quoting Aeonix:

Quoting nocalmegan:

Thanks, I'll put that one on my list! It looks comfy and cute too. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mom2bell:

Wow!  Who knew so many people would be in your car!!??  

I love how they say "it's your kid so do as you please...and then BAM hit you with the child neglect comments, bad mom, ERF is safest blah blah blah."  and all the stats on the laws....it's different in each state!

Whatever!  It is a cute seat.  It is a safe seat.  

People say that because ultimately it is the parents decision. I didn't say she's a bad mom, but the AAP does give the guidelines for what is safest. WHY would you (general you) not do your best for your child? It's not like they can make that decision for themselves. Sure, we all cut corners here and there. We may make some parenting choices that may not be the best. But when it comes to speeding along an interstate with multiple other large, very heavy hunks of metal driven by people who could be doing any number of other things than paying attention at the wheel, why risk it?

I personally live in a big city. The people here are complete idiots once they are behind the wheel. I am a good driver but I don't assume other people are. Its such a simple thing to do as well, to just follow some guidelines. It's not like the child will be forever scarred if s/ he doesn't get to forward face from the youngest possible age.
Aeonix
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Quoting nocalmegan:

We plan to get ds's in the next couple of weeks, in the meantime I'm driving dh nuts with showing him all the options haha.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Us too. I looked at a ton. My mom is getting it for Callie birthday next month. But I'm excited haha. She can use it right away because it RF an her legs are getting long for an infant one.

Quoting Aeonix:

Quoting nocalmegan:

We plan to get ds's in the next couple of weeks, in the meantime I'm driving dh nuts with showing him all the options haha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM
She can RF in that seat now and 1yr and 20lbs is a minimum. Its much safer to fr to the max. I think of my children as more than a minimum. Poor kid has a mother who doesn't value the safety of her child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Quoting nocalmegan:

It's funny what we as parents get excited about. My little guy has grown too tall for his, his shoulders are almost up to the very last strap position. He is 8 months, 9 months on the 22nd. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN