Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ever just look at yourself & think you're ugly?

Do you ever see another girl & she's beautiful & you KNOW you will NEVER look that way?

I'm not talking about full blown insecurity or jealousy...just low self esteem.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (41-48):
RGladson
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM
My sister treated me that way, too. She would poke me and yell "cottage cheese belly!" when we'd be swimming in public. I was 8. :/

Quoting 3_girls_86:

I have really low self esteem. even tho people tell me im pretty, I feel like they're just saying it so they don't hurt my feelings. My entire life my sisters have told me I was ugly and fat. It's still stuck in my head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Yes I do and Dh hates it, he gets MAD if I say anything negative. After all these years he feels he should have built up my self esteem. sad

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Nah. I don't compare myself to other women. I am happy and content in my own skin
lynnd4
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Long story short, I too was the ugly duckling. I once realized I wasn't as ugly as I thought, but it still didn't help my self esteem. Sometimes I think outward beauty can taint you're view on life. Beauty is so much more than looks.

Basically what I'm getting at is the attention you may think will validate your beauty won't make you feel better. It has to come from you. It's true, the grass really isn't greener, in reality its quite empty.

I realize I sound like a bitch... If you want to know more about my experience, pm me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I have very low self esteem. I wont even tell what I think my worst features are because Im scared people will be like "wow you are right!"
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM

From childhood when my father called me "demented" during a family trip to Disney World, to my mother telling me I was a failure, to my sisters ganging up on me and making fun of me just to be mean and make my father laugh, to the ex-BF who was abusive and just plain mean and would talk about me behind my back to others and would make fun of me for being upset sometimes, to others who just would talk about me just to gossip and be mean but then will smile to my face etc, and it's not that I am ugly but because I must show everyone that I am sad so they make me feel worse by treating me that way.  I don't like myself not because of my looks but just because I have failed so bad throughout my life in so many ways...I never think I am going to be happy or content with myself and able to get over the past hurts. 

But anyway, I do look very ugly right now.  I scared myself when I looked in the mirror before.  I have been up all night because I can't sleep and look really worn out and pale and very old even though I'm not old.  I just am not happy with my whole self, life and everything else.

Maybe some day things will get better.  I have hope.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

i've never had esteem problems; i've always been confident.  there are ways to boost your self-confidence - exercising is a sure-fire way to do so!  when you see your body changing, you feel sexy and amazing; it also releases endorphins (those feel-good hormones).  i've always been confident but since is started my program back in january, i feel like the bomb-diggity.   i just finished insanity upper body weight training (aka death) and afterwards, i stood in front of the mirror flexing and posing and thinking:  dammit, i'm awesome!  true story.

put on a little makeup, put on some nice clothes.  you CAN feel confident with a little effort if you think you don't look good.  the exercise is the best way to feel good about yourself!

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM

My self-esteem has been terrible over the years. I think it stemmed from my dad being emotionally/verbally abusive, then after I married my husband he made it 10 times worse. It's gotten to the point where I now try to be a recluse and avoid people because of it. My appearance has changed, and not for the better, so I feel ever worse now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)