Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats your credit score? (Anon if not comfortable)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Whats your credit score?  I know some people who never check their score, so they dont know what is going on with their credit.  Do you keep track of yours?

Experian:  586
Transunion:  653
Equifax:  Unsure

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
blueeyedpixie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Before I got credit cards I had a 76!!! lol now its 679. Well it was a few months ago... DH is 702
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Bankruptcy is a very last, about to be homeless option. It still takes time for your credit to recover and it actually adds another negative item to the report which lowers the score.
Waiting it out is a much better option.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm, sucky. Thought of filing for bankruptcy? It will actually increase your credit score when it's that bad. And you can get loans and such again. Yes at a higher percentage rate, but a good means to get ur credit score back on track. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish it was a mistake. Our parents had taken out credit cards in our name when we were underage and messed up our credit. The only company that reversed it was Equifax because we were under 18 and what our parents did was illegal. Mine I was able to reverse all but 1 and thats why mine is 388. DH only got 1 reversed from ONE company! No $$ to fix it and we make way too much for legal aid. We were quoted $5k to fight it with no guarantee of winning. We've called the card companies, we've called the credit companies, we get no where. So we're waiting out our 7 years and we'll be paying for our first (fixer upper $30,000) house in cash. *we don't worry about bank accounts anyways except for one savings account. Mine. All other cash is on a prepaid card*

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that a mistake? I have never seen a credit score lower than 500 in my life. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ours is averaged from all 3 

DH-033

Me-388

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Well, when we filed bankruptcy we were unable to get even a car loan prior to it. We only had scores in the 500's and because we owed so much debt our income/debt ratio was too out there. Once we filed bankruptcy all those negatives dissapeared and our score popped up to 600 and we bought a car immediately. After two years of bankruptcy being on ur credit it's like it really isn't there anymore. We have reached the 7th year with it now, and no one cares anymore. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Bankruptcy is a very last, about to be homeless option. It still takes time for your credit to recover and it actually adds another negative item to the report which lowers the score.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm, sucky. Thought of filing for bankruptcy? It will actually increase your credit score when it's that bad. And you can get loans and such again. Yes at a higher percentage rate, but a good means to get ur credit score back on track. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish it was a mistake. Our parents had taken out credit cards in our name when we were underage and messed up our credit. The only company that reversed it was Equifax because we were under 18 and what our parents did was illegal. Mine I was able to reverse all but 1 and thats why mine is 388. DH only got 1 reversed from ONE company! No $$ to fix it and we make way too much for legal aid. We were quoted $5k to fight it with no guarantee of winning. We've called the card companies, we've called the credit companies, we get no where. So we're waiting out our 7 years and we'll be paying for our first (fixer upper $30,000) house in cash. *we don't worry about bank accounts anyways except for one savings account. Mine. All other cash is on a prepaid card*

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

DH-033

Me-388

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I litterally  have not credit what so ever. I have never had a bill in my name, dont have a credit card never will. All bills are in my hubbys name, we have never had a car payment always paid straight out . But my husband is around 700. I have always paid cash for every thing even my most expensive items, or used the hubby's credit card. (which we only  have had one and will only have one)

KeepJeep
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! That means you've never made a late payment on any bill, never charged more than 10% of your available credit, strategically diversified the various types of credit you used....impressive. Our credit is really good, but even we aren't in the 800 club. I think only 8% to 10% of thd population is in that club.

Quoting Anonymous:

Both Dh and I are over 800 on all 3 credit bureas

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM
640. I'm okay with that since I filed bankruptcy in 2009. It's enough to get a mortgage!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM
My bankruptcy was finalized in march 2009. My credit score now is 640, I can get a car or mortgage if I please. Without the bankruptcy I wouldn't be anywhere close

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, when we filed bankruptcy we were unable to get even a car loan prior to it. We only had scores in the 500's and because we owed so much debt our income/debt ratio was too out there. Once we filed bankruptcy all those negatives dissapeared and our score popped up to 600 and we bought a car immediately. After two years of bankruptcy being on ur credit it's like it really isn't there anymore. We have reached the 7th year with it now, and no one cares anymore. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

DH-033

Me-388

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM
720 last time I checked
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I know right?, I am glad we did it so we could buy our house a lot sooner than waiting the seven years and then waiting another 2 years in order to re-build ur credit lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My bankruptcy was finalized in march 2009. My credit score now is 640, I can get a car or mortgage if I please. Without the bankruptcy I wouldn't be anywhere close

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

DH-033

Me-388

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I have no idea. I'm sure its not pretty. How do you rebuild your credit anyway?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)