Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when i see older kids with bottles...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I tend to think that parent is really lazy. Yes, your three year old may have an attachment to something he has had since birth, but don't kids need to learn that you have to grow out of things? I think that it says that you don't want to take the time to teach your child how to drink from a normal cup, or that you dont want them to grow up. Both of which are not normal or healthy for a child. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Replies (51-55):
MeganECox
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM
We said goodbye to bottles around the time they learned to drink from sippy cups, except at bed time. We got rid of the bottle at bedtime around 9-10 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 7, 2012 at 2:56 AM
My dd loves her kiki (binky) as she calls it but we limit it to nap time and bed time only since she's 2. I'm hoping to get rid of them completely very very soon. She has however been drinking from a sippy cup since she was 9 months old. Once I found a type of cup she liked it went smoothly.
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM

All that was out the door when the kiddos turned 1 year old.  Didn't phaze them one bit.  Never looked back.  Meanwhile, I cringe everytime I see my hubby's cousin.  Their daughter is three and they give her a bottle filled with soda.  Instead of teaching her to drink from a cup, she drinks water by squirting it from a water bottle. 

She knows I want to say something.  She tells me she knows it's wrong, but its "easier" that way.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Quoting doulala:

Why have any bottles at all ever, at any age.    

lol   

Elijah only took a bottle because I have Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus & couldn't breast feed. :) 

But he started weening him off on his 1st birthday. Bottles were completely gone by 13 months. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 7, 2012 at 3:35 AM

my kids have bottles until 18mo. then none. never did pacifiers, never will. we have bought some, not for use but for play. DS3 chews on the non nipple part lol.

then we do sippy cups with water and milk in a cup at meal times. (we do milk *only* until 18mo)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)