Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Suspected" Illegal Kills 2 Yr old in Drunk Driving Accident

Posted by   + Show Post

TYLER – The driver of the vehicle that killed 2-year-old Sydney Jane Farris in Saturday’s Highway 69 wreck near Bullard remains jailed. According to KETK, 41-year-old Jorge Cordero-Valera of Bullard was arrested and is in the Smith County Jail on charges of intoxicated manslaughter, along with six other charges of intoxicated assault. His bond has been set at $100,000. Additionally, officials say there is a good chance Cordero-Varela could be living in the U.S. illegally. He’s being held by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement — which means he could very well soon be deported.

According to authorities, Cordera-Varela’s vehicle was traveling south in the northbound lane when it slammed into a 2001 Honda Civic driven by Jansen Farris, 22, of Bullard. Sydney Farris was also in the vehicle. Jansen Farris is in good condition at a Tyler hospital. He is being treated for internal injuries and broken bones. Authorities say Cordera-Varela’s truck went airborne due to its high rate of speed and came down on top of another truck, driven by Crystal Gilbert, 31, of Tyler. A 4-year-old, a 6-year-old, and an 11-year-old, as well as Bartillo Gonzales, were also in the vehicle. They were all treated for their injuries at a Tyler hospital.

this happened about an hour from me. disgusting. it was reported earlier that the driver is, in fact, illegal, but i cant find the article again. a beautiful little girl is gone and her family devastated, as well as the 5 people in the other car injured and traumatized (and insanely lucky to be alive)...bc of a person that shouldnt even be here.

yes, i said "shouldnt." save the "unless youre native american..." speech. the law is the law, period.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Replies (161-170):
0Kit0
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM

So be it, but again, you find away to side step the point.  O.o Whose funny now?

Anyway, this dialogue would have been worth something if you would actually address the subject at hand. I'm going to pass unless you quote me with relevant dialogue.

Quoting dmarie2101:

LOL @ your overreaction.

such dramatization of a reply.

Quoting 0Kit0:

I've never had a conversation with or around you and from a couple sentences you KNOW what I care about? You have no idea how I feel on the issue. Now if your mind reading ass wants to take the first part of my statement out of context to come up with some idiotic conclusion just to make an irrelevant point, I can't really stop you. You know damn well what my point is, but insists on talking about some other shit. But, honestly, it only shows how stupid you really are.

Quoting dmarie2101:

i care. too many people dont care, and thats why we're where we're at now.

yes, drunk citizens kill people. illegals just tack on several hundred more preventable deaths. i know, you dont care about that either.

Quoting 0Kit0:

Idc that he was illegal, he was DRUNK. Would you feel better if the drunk driver was a citizen? Because drunk citizens drive and kill people everyday. It doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow. Smh

Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on May. 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM

DEPORTED??? WTF. He should be executed. You don't come here illegally and commit 2nd degree murder(AKA DUI manslaughter) and get to live much less be deported. 

momtolittleones
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Such a beautiful little girl. I do NOT understand why people feel the need to drink and drive.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on May. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM

It does not matter how or why he is in this country. It does not matter about any of the things that people can argue about all that matters is that beautiful baby is gone and many others are injured and need prayers, good thoughts or whatever you have to offer that is POSITIVE. This is something that is suppose to bring people closer together and not further apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

That is terrible!

I hate illegals!

AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

How in the world do you know that? Yes, maybe the crash might not happened if he was not there. But maybe someone else would have been driving drunk, maybe someones tire might have popped, maybe someone made a wrong turn and the crash STILL could have happened.

As far as your senario, the baloon explodes because it has water in it. If I throw a plain old balloon at you, it will not explode. Much like if the man had not been drinking he would not have gotten into an accident. His legal status is irrelevant.

You can stop being a condecending bitch. The crash was not caused because he is illegal, it was caused because he was dumb enough to drive after drinking.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Let me make it clearer for you then..

If you have a ballon and fill it with water and throw it.. it will explode.. yes?

Now... if you have no ballon, you have nothing to explode.. with me still?

Bottomline.. without the ballon, you can't have the explosion.

without the driver, being at the scene, there would have been no accident.

He wouldn't have been behind the wheel of that car after drinking, in that place and time, if he wasn't in the US..

VERY simple logic dear.

And you don't know if he had been sober, if that would have prevented the crash.. thousands of people get into crashes that aren't related to being drunk. You are ASSUMING he wouldn't have crashed if he wasn't drunk..

BUT if he wasn't there at ALLL... he couldnt' have crashed..

It's not spinning it, it's taking the VERY THING that put him in the situation TO BE AT THE SCENE.

Logic dear... get some!

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

I don't know where you got any of that from.

The accident was caused because he was driving drunk. You can spin it any other way you want to, but the bottom line being if he was not drinking and driving he wouldn't have caused an accident. The fact that he had no license and was illegal, did not play apart in WHY he crashed.

Irrelevant shit is irrelevant.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Yes, plenty of people drive illegally, many also get into accidents..

Should we just give everyone a license to drive.. like my 4 year old?  She might not get into an accident.. does that mean it's okay?

You know.. ted bundy once saved a life.. should we forgive him all his faults?

How about lets let all the criminals out, and say, hey, you MIGHT have done something good in your life too, so your free to go.

Your lack of logic, is disturbing!

Just because someone does something, and gets away with it, DOES NOT MAKE IT OKAY! 

Driving illegally has many consequences.

The accident happened because of a NUMBER of factors... him being where he was, when he was, is just as much a part of the equation as how much he drank.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Plenty of people drive illegally everyday and never kill anyone. Him being illegal is irrelavent to him killing someone. Him driving DRUNK is very relavent. That is WHY the accident happened, the accident did not happen because he was illegal.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

...or maybe he shouldn't have been driving drunk. Him being illegal did not kill that girl, him driving drunk did.

actually yes, him being here illegally did play into killing the girl..

because he was there.. at that point in time, rather than in another country.  He was driving ILLEGALLY, and drinking on top of that.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes because the fact that he's here illegally is totally the reason that poor baby is dead because you know... an American would NEVER drive while under the influence. Stfu and mourn that baby's life rather than use this for your stupid agenda

Lol at anons telling people to stfu.
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Lol at people making this about the man and not the poor baby and her family

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes because the fact that he's here illegally is totally the reason that poor baby is dead because you know... an American would NEVER drive while under the influence. Stfu and mourn that baby's life rather than use this for your stupid agenda

Lol at anons telling people to stfu.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN