Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else have a b**** a** mother in law?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Tonite my mil called my house to defend my husband's ex girlfriend! This is something she would never do for me, and I think that bitch has some nerve. It's kind of a long story, and I will try to keep it short. About 10 years ago my husband's niece came to my house and told me he was cheating on me with his ex girlfriend, and that everyone in the family knew but me. At the time it made sense cuz he had been acting strange and was very defensive. Well the shit hit the fan and everyone denied it. I decided to stay because I had a small child, was putting myself through college, and I was scared I wouldn't make it on my own. Well this bitch is really good friends with his other niece and the whole damn family adores her. She's at every family function, and if she's not her kids are, funeral, wedding, and bday party. I've stopped going to these things but they post pictures on FB and rub it in my face. That's why my mil called because my husband made a rude comment on one of her pics and she wanted to know why. Not only does his family treat me bad but they treat my daughter bad too, I guess cuz she's part of me. We've never done anything to these people and it hurts so bad. Oh and for several years she was giving money to my husband through my mil, without my knowledge! Now I am pregnant again and after tonite I told him his family and his mother were not welcome at the hospital. He told me he wasnt going to come then. Really??? Why should I let someone come up there that has no respect for me? What would ya'll do? Please help, I need some advice. :`(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2cheesebug
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I would not allow her to or that part of the "family" to come either. If he doesn't want to be there for the birth of his child than so be it. My SO's mom was against me for a while. Besties with his ex, and letting everyone believe they were still sleeping together (cheating on me) and that they would end up back together. She called me the flavor of the month and stuff. But after his ex finally showed her true colors his mom cut her out and she is being nice to me. She doesn't favor any of our kids though,  give her that, she spoils them all the same, but there for a while i would go to any family events or anything because they would invite his ex too. then his ex wanted to come to the hospital when i had my DD, i said hell no, and so did SO. He wanted his kids to come and see their sister, but she would only allow it if she got to come too, so SK's didnt get to come. Im sorry but thats my Day and im not having any extra stress.

Leobaby2007
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I would not have them there either. This is total bullshit and you have every right to be mad.

Ties with the ex girlfriend should have been severed YEARS ago, out of respect for you and your husband.

It's just not right.
HisMommy4Ever
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Damn what can I tell you girl? I'm in the same situation. It sucks that my MIL is such a bitch. Just yesterday me and hubby went to a family reunion of his. Just to hang out and eat. It was all good but then my MIL showed up. Yeah she ignored me like always...I know my man told her to at least say hi to me or something. Of course she didn't. She hates me...why would she? But that bitch now all of sudden wants me to just let her take care of my son. Yeah she's been ignoring him for like months now!....I hate her talking to him...she's such a hipocrite. She has another daughter in law and she's pregnant...Just to be a bitch she's all talking to her nice and I think she's even helping her out with her baby shower. Something she never did for me and ever since my son was born she hasn't given him shit. Even though she said...oh yeah i'll get him something later...yeah it's been 2 years and nothing. I hate her and always will. All I can do and tell you is ignore her. If your man is going to be that way then fuck him....that's why I sometimes get in a fight with my man cuz he feels he has to defend his fuckin' mom when he clearly sees her talking shit about me :( She has no respect in front of other people. All the family was there and she's all talking about me. I don't know to who but my man heard her and he got really upset. Then on top of that I guess she told him something that got to him...we got home and he broke into tears. I mean wtf? how the fuck am I supposed to get along with a bitch like that...? but anyway...sorry for the vent....ignore her and his family...and your man needs a serious wake up call...he has to be on ur side... 

diegosmom828
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM
I would do the same, and he needs to be there for you and stop actintg like a little kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM

My MIL def plays the favorites game. She is like a matriarch, the sun sets and rises in her ass. I can't believe your man's ex would ask to come to the hospital, even this bitch knows better than that! Guess it's a good thing they didn't have kids together, although it seems like they do since she's constantly lurking around. Thanks for your advice and I hope everything works out for you!

Quoting mom2cheesebug:

I would not allow her to or that part of the "family" to come either. If he doesn't want to be there for the birth of his child than so be it. My SO's mom was against me for a while. Besties with his ex, and letting everyone believe they were still sleeping together (cheating on me) and that they would end up back together. She called me the flavor of the month and stuff. But after his ex finally showed her true colors his mom cut her out and she is being nice to me. She doesn't favor any of our kids though,  give her that, she spoils them all the same, but there for a while i would go to any family events or anything because they would invite his ex too. then his ex wanted to come to the hospital when i had my DD, i said hell no, and so did SO. He wanted his kids to come and see their sister, but she would only allow it if she got to come too, so SK's didnt get to come. Im sorry but thats my Day and im not having any extra stress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Thank you, I needed to hear that.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

I would not have them there either. This is total bullshit and you have every right to be mad.

Ties with the ex girlfriend should have been severed YEARS ago, out of respect for you and your husband.

It's just not right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2012 at 3:04 AM
I'm with you, his family has no place in the room with you during delivery. You don't deserve to have that kind of stress during what should be a beautiful event. If he doesn't want to be there so be it, he'll have to answer to his child why he wasn't there when they were born.

My husbands mother was a pill to and he finally had to come to the conclusion we were his family now. It isn't far of his mother to make him feel like he has to choose and if she is then she not only has no respect for you but she also has no respect for her son.

Tell him to man up.
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Oh good God, I would have said the same thing.  If my hubby responded that way, I'd tell him, okay don't be there.

Hopefully he will come to his senses.  Does he not understand how this hurts you and how it is hurting his children?

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM

You can't do anything this is your hubbys job to deal with and he sure isn't.  I am so sorry for you.

MIL from hell?  Yeah i got one 2. Christmas before last after we had driven 5 hrs round trip to bring mine to our home she stood up and declared she didn't think our DD belonged to my Hubby.  She had been a crazy bitch all the years I have known her but that was the last straw for him.  He spent a few hours outside talking to her then he drove her straight home and informed her she was no longer welcome in our lives as he wouldn't take a chance with out DD.  She not only defends his x who ran off while he was at work with a stranger she meet on the Internet with his 2 small children she actually calls her to complain about her one and only child my hubby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Girl, vent all you want! Sounds like you need to cuz your MIL does sound like a sorry ass bitch! She sounds alot like my MIL, too! Thank you for your advice, and I hope things get better for you too!

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Damn what can I tell you girl? I'm in the same situation. It sucks that my MIL is such a bitch. Just yesterday me and hubby went to a family reunion of his. Just to hang out and eat. It was all good but then my MIL showed up. Yeah she ignored me like always...I know my man told her to at least say hi to me or something. Of course she didn't. She hates me...why would she? But that bitch now all of sudden wants me to just let her take care of my son. Yeah she's been ignoring him for like months now!....I hate her talking to him...she's such a hipocrite. She has another daughter in law and she's pregnant...Just to be a bitch she's all talking to her nice and I think she's even helping her out with her baby shower. Something she never did for me and ever since my son was born she hasn't given him shit. Even though she said...oh yeah i'll get him something later...yeah it's been 2 years and nothing. I hate her and always will. All I can do and tell you is ignore her. If your man is going to be that way then fuck him....that's why I sometimes get in a fight with my man cuz he feels he has to defend his fuckin' mom when he clearly sees her talking shit about me :( She has no respect in front of other people. All the family was there and she's all talking about me. I don't know to who but my man heard her and he got really upset. Then on top of that I guess she told him something that got to him...we got home and he broke into tears. I mean wtf? how the fuck am I supposed to get along with a bitch like that...? but anyway...sorry for the vent....ignore her and his family...and your man needs a serious wake up call...he has to be on ur side... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)