Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Nobody" has touched the laundry all week... says hubby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

This is what I was told this morning. (We both work outside the home and have two children.) When we split up the chores that run the household, he chose to do the laundry. He's been quite sucking at it lately, imo. But I haven't said anything. Just a couple of days ago he had the towels in the wash. I put them in the dryer. They took FORVER to dry (I think our dryer is dying). Meanwhile, I put a load of darks into the washing machine. BUT somehow I didn't touch the laundry?

Just my little rant for this morning. Besides "Aunt Flow" coming today, this has really set my mood. After typing this, however, I will feel better and be able to get on with all of the housework and grocery shopping. ALL which never count anyways...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Felion on May. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Tell him he is welcome to use the machine whenever he feels overwhelmed by the laundry, and if he can't be bothered to chip in now and then, well, he can get used to laundry piling up now and then...that's what i told my dh, and if it starts piling up, he will finally go start a load. FINALLY he got it thru his head i don't have all the time in the world. 

nursemc
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Before you give up on your dryer check the vent. Unhook the whole tube from the dryer and the wall and clean it out then reattach. Sometimes it gets all clogged up with lint. The first sign is usually clothes taking too long to dry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be a bitch and not do HIS laundry. I would tell him since he thinks that I don't do laundry, well I will make it HALF true. I just wont do HIS. LOL

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Yup, pretty much.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be a bitch and not do HIS laundry. I would tell him since he thinks that I don't do laundry, well I will make it HALF true. I just wont do HIS. LOL

sunfireprincess
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I could come do it, I love doing the laundry lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Put a sticky on the refrigeratorthat says __________ (fill the blank with his name) will do the laundry.  Have him sign it.   And when he starts to ranting that NOBODY has touch the laundry then you just point to the agreement he signed.  ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Oh, and when he "does" the laundry he washes, dries and piles it in the laundry room. MOST of the time if it needs hanging, he'll hang it. Otherwise there are huge piles of "clean" (now wrinkled and frumply) clothes in the laundry room stacked here and there, draped over our once-used-to-be-gym.

Tried the doing "just mine and the kids" laundry thing, he was even worse.

Hecate9
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I've got some too!!! Lol

Quoting sunfireprincess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

lol ok! I am a freak :)

Quoting Hecate9:

I've got some too!!! Lol

Quoting sunfireprincess:

NoahandEliza
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I'll wash and dry if you fold it!

Quoting sunfireprincess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)