Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dh wants a husky... but

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm not sure. Do you know if they are good around kids. My boys are six and two. Our last dog was such a sweet dog. So for fathers day I want to surprise they guys with a new member.

What other dog would you recommended?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Replies (151-158):
tifbrown
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM
They are lots of work. They are a high strung, high energy dog. Keep in mind that they were breed to be working dogs. They need something to do. If not they become distructive, chewing, digging, become aggressive. Do your breed research before you make a decision. Get on google and find out as much as you can and keep in mind you need to pick a pet that will be a good fit in your home for the next 10-15 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this
A small hound dog pinned u? Having a hard time believing this to be honest. Even on hind legs they would be lucky to be at ur waist unless ur a midget.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Oh yeah? Okay please show your proof that its all in the owners hands or else the dog is great please provide something so I know its not just bullshit to prove a point on your behalf.

Quoting nrcklove:

AND I WILL REPEAT...... A DOG THAT IS TRAINED WILL NOT PIN THEIR PACK LEADER TO THE GROUND. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW OLD THE DOG IS!!!!! OBVIOUSLY THE DOG WAS NOT TRAINED OR THE DOG WOULDNT BE JUMPING AT U FOR FOOD....RIIIIIIGHT

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Here let me italicize the part you may have failed to read

"I had my dog for almost 10 yrs (beagle) and she pinned me to the ground one day"

Quoting nrcklove:

Sounds like u failed to properly train ur dog....Bad training=bad dogs.....PERIOD

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I would never bring dogs into the house with children..they are very filthy, they use the same tongue they clean their privates after waste excretion and lick your kids and so on, and people think its "aww look hes giving kisses" eww. Anyways, its a DOG I just think they are dangerous and would never let one back in my home..I had my dog for almost 10 yrs (beagle) and she pinned me to the ground one day I was carrying my dinner to the table and after that, never again.

ms_jasmine
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Just because you're from somewhere doesn't mean anything.I have a friend from new york but raised in Texas.It doesn't mean jack.Let's see the evidence you demand,because I've got pictures of this $2000 dog&I've met his family.They are a little more educated&knowledgable about that area of the world than I would guess you are...They RESIDE there.You "supposedly" came to the U.S from that area how long ago?...

Oh well,I have to bow out anyway.I've got babies waking up&one whose potty training!wish me luck

Good luck op! =)

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Im from there really you're going to tell me? LOL

Im done you're just out of your mind.

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Really???that's crazy because my FIL&BIL were working in the middle east for years and one of their bosses(from Bahrain) paid over $2000 us dollars for a chihuahua.And he was pretty well off.And once again you've stated that "most of europe" and "parts of asia" don't keep dogs.WRONG.Most of the countries IN europe are responsible for developing certain breeds.Some breeds were selected for hunting,war,companionship and looks.

Asia has given us the japanese chin,shihtzu,chinese crested,lhaso apsa,akita&spitz

And the middle east has bully kutta,gull dong,gull terr,vikhan sheepdog...and yeah the MAJORITY of those dogs were bred to be inside®ularly groomed

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

With all respect my family is from the middle east and I traveled from Bahrain to the UAE and went to Saudi, they are VERY rich people and wont even touch dogs, my friend has a dog and no one will go to her house because of it, i do because Im used to it...

Dogs can be "a mans best friend" they can be great, sometimes, but its rare in  most of europe, parts of asia and the middle east that they keep dogs

1. Quoting the.real.me:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

i cant reply to the whole thing bc Im on my phone but dogs have been domesticated and well taken care of for centuries all over the world. The countries that typically dont keep them as pets or family members are usually too poor to feed and care for them, not because they are 'dirty'....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char-Bear
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM
We have a husky and he's great with the kids. They are kinda high maintenance cause they do shed a lot and require lots of running and play time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Def do research on them :). Any dog can be a good dog is they are properly trained.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Very good with kids. They are a lot if work though.. They need training and are very hairy, lol.. My dad has always had huskies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM

english mastifs great danes collies and german sheperds are great alternatives they are easily trained and wel behaved arouns small children. get one as a young puppy and train them as the grow and you will have a really goo ddog as a companion and a protector for you and the kids and  aplay mate for your dh.

_diva_
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM
O goodness. Poor baby. We had a black lab before.this lab and he got hit by a car and he wasn't the same sense. He kept have these seziuers and was snappy at us. He got so bad we had to put him down. We were so upset :(

Quoting Anonymous:

We had a yellow Lab and she was the best dog. She wouldn't even bite you while playing around. She was so sweet. I am tearing up thinking about her. She was blind her last few years and from the beginning she had eye issues. Her third eye popped out on both eyes and she had surgery.

Aww, I loves her.

Quoting _diva_:

Never owned one but they are gorgeous!!! We love labs and goldens. They have always been good with our kids. BUT they love love to chew. As long as they ALWAYS have their stuff to chew on that they like they shouldn't ever mess with urs lol they might try u but just set em straight.

That's my boy. He was still a pup then lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured