Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh wants a husky... but

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm not sure. Do you know if they are good around kids. My boys are six and two. Our last dog was such a sweet dog. So for fathers day I want to surprise they guys with a new member.

What other dog would you recommended?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Replies (121-130):
ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Huskies are the best!! They are super smart full of energy kind loving dogs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms_jasmine
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Holy fuck,you are ridiculous.And four in ten would have been reduced to 2 out of 5.That link you added isn't on the first OR second page.And that would mean that,according to you,at least 21 million dogs bit people everyday,because it would have to be the MAJORITY of dogs that do that.So you're still wrong.You've gotten me on ONE quote,and you had to search how many sites to find that ONE?I've got you on the countries,deadly dog bites,dog household statistics, and how many dogs ACTUALLY bite(which is not in the majority)...

I'm not irritated or upset.I'm just shocked at your complete and utter stupidity.

But its dropped.You are obviously incorrect.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Your statistics were 4 in 5 own a dog, but according to he links you gave me its

"Four in ten (or 40 million) U.S. households own atleast one dog."

Here http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/diseasesall/a/aa051303a.htm

I know enough about dogs, TO ME they are nasty and thats MY OPINION. You are continuing an argument and pulling stuff out of your ass to try to justify your argument but you YOURSELF are not clearly educated on dogs when I have to correct you ON YOUR OWN STATISTICS! You couldnt even give me a direct link you gave me a search engine to look at. tsk tsk really you're not right, maybe im not right drop it. I dont think dogs are clean, they are CUTE but not clean, and you think they are gods gift to mankind, ok im entitled to my opinion and you, yours. Drop it, you're trying to shove bullshit down my throat, relax mama.

Quoting ms_jasmine:

You gave us A link,as in one.Ok here's one:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&qsubts=1336398569077&q=dog+household+statistics&v=133247963

Copy&paste that in your browser&it will take you to hundreds of official statistics.

And I wish you would educate yourself on dogs,before spewing nonsense&trying to validate yourself,bc you "give money to animal shelters".Let's see you get involved&maybe try to actually HELP the animals by learning facts&spreading the good things about animals.You had a damn beagle jump on you?Learn why she did it.Educate yourself.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

No, GIVE ME LINKS like I gave you. These are just websites for animals nothing on their health dont beat around it if you dont know just give up. I think they are dirty, its been proven they are dangerous, I provided you with proof there stop arging really you're still going you're acting like i dont have a right to be opinionated.

I wish you people felt this strongly about abortions instead of DOGS

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Www.animalplanet.com

Www.avma.org

Www.humanesociety.org...

Do I need to keep going on?Because you're the person who started spouting off your obsurd statistics about AMERICA being the only people who keep their dogs in their homes.

Get your stories straight.You would have people agreeing with you,if you weren't so obviously ignorant.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

LOL wow okay so please provide your statistics, please add your sources where you got your info from that 4 out of 5 americans keep dogs. 

And I am shocked youre so offended over a conversation about a DOG omg you people take it more serious than abortion talks lol. So please provide your statistics instead of calling names and saying I am "ignorant"

Thanks

Quoting ms_jasmine:

And once again you're wrong.

4 out of 5 american(as in people who live in the U.S) households are dog owners.Let's multiply that by how many billion??? and I think you'll find that no,NOT "a majorityof them do".Just ones with dumbasses for owners.

And if you haven't gotten my point by now,you're a lost cause.My point is check your facts before you start spewing ignorance on the internet

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

How many stories you hear and how many people go to court over Dogs acting vicious? Im not saying ALL dogs snap Im saying a majority of them do. So whats your point? I gave my opinion I couldnt give a shit if you agree with me or not.

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Then you failed to establish dominancy.If you're the human,you and every other person must show the dog that YOU are the pack leader&aggression isn't tolerated.So yeah you failed,kinda like you're failing with these not-so-witty quips

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Here let me italicize the part you may have failed to read

"I had my dog for almost 10 yrs (beagle) and she pinned me to the ground one day"

Quoting nrcklove:

Sounds like u failed to properly train ur dog....Bad training=bad dogs.....PERIOD

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I would never bring dogs into the house with children..they are very filthy, they use the same tongue they clean their privates after waste excretion and lick your kids and so on, and people think its "aww look hes giving kisses" eww. Anyways, its a DOG I just think they are dangerous and would never let one back in my home..I had my dog for almost 10 yrs (beagle) and she pinned me to the ground one day I was carrying my dinner to the table and after that, never again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.real.me
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

i cant reply to the whole thing bc Im on my phone but dogs have been domesticated and well taken care of for centuries all over the world. The countries that typically dont keep them as pets or family members are usually too poor to feed and care for them, not because they are 'dirty'....
Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

First or second page of what?? Go to google and search under Dog Bite Statistics, its the second choice.

You still havent justified your math of 4 out of 5.

Judging by your anger now, you probably cant. Just drop it, dogs bite-they kill people every year, so thats my reasoning what more do you want? I still dont understand HALF of your post

Pleae Google: DOG BITE STATISTICS, lol and take your pics, mine was the 2nd one. ;)

And obviously youre very irritated and very upset to actually take that kind of word over a dog...tsk tsk

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Holy fuck,you are ridiculous.And four in ten would have been reduced to 2 out of 5.That link you added isn't on the first OR second page.And that would mean that,according to you,at least 21 million dogs bit people everyday,because it would have to be the MAJORITY of dogs that do that.So you're still wrong.You've gotten me on ONE quote,and you had to search how many sites to find that ONE?I've got you on the countries,deadly dog bites,dog household statistics, and how many dogs ACTUALLY bite(which is not in the majority)...

I'm not irritated or upset.I'm just shocked at your complete and utter stupidity.

But its dropped.You are obviously incorrect.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Your statistics were 4 in 5 own a dog, but according to he links you gave me its

"Four in ten (or 40 million) U.S. households own atleast one dog."

Here http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/diseasesall/a/aa051303a.htm

I know enough about dogs, TO ME they are nasty and thats MY OPINION. You are continuing an argument and pulling stuff out of your ass to try to justify your argument but you YOURSELF are not clearly educated on dogs when I have to correct you ON YOUR OWN STATISTICS! You couldnt even give me a direct link you gave me a search engine to look at. tsk tsk really you're not right, maybe im not right drop it. I dont think dogs are clean, they are CUTE but not clean, and you think they are gods gift to mankind, ok im entitled to my opinion and you, yours. Drop it, you're trying to shove bullshit down my throat, relax mama.

Quoting ms_jasmine:

You gave us A link,as in one.Ok here's one:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&qsubts=1336398569077&q=dog+household+statistics&v=133247963

Copy&paste that in your browser&it will take you to hundreds of official statistics.

And I wish you would educate yourself on dogs,before spewing nonsense&trying to validate yourself,bc you "give money to animal shelters".Let's see you get involved&maybe try to actually HELP the animals by learning facts&spreading the good things about animals.You had a damn beagle jump on you?Learn why she did it.Educate yourself.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

No, GIVE ME LINKS like I gave you. These are just websites for animals nothing on their health dont beat around it if you dont know just give up. I think they are dirty, its been proven they are dangerous, I provided you with proof there stop arging really you're still going you're acting like i dont have a right to be opinionated.

I wish you people felt this strongly about abortions instead of DOGS

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Www.animalplanet.com

Www.avma.org

Www.humanesociety.org...

Do I need to keep going on?Because you're the person who started spouting off your obsurd statistics about AMERICA being the only people who keep their dogs in their homes.

Get your stories straight.You would have people agreeing with you,if you weren't so obviously ignorant.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

LOL wow okay so please provide your statistics, please add your sources where you got your info from that 4 out of 5 americans keep dogs. 

And I am shocked youre so offended over a conversation about a DOG omg you people take it more serious than abortion talks lol. So please provide your statistics instead of calling names and saying I am "ignorant"

Thanks

Quoting ms_jasmine:

And once again you're wrong.

4 out of 5 american(as in people who live in the U.S) households are dog owners.Let's multiply that by how many billion??? and I think you'll find that no,NOT "a majorityof them do".Just ones with dumbasses for owners.

And if you haven't gotten my point by now,you're a lost cause.My point is check your facts before you start spewing ignorance on the internet

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

How many stories you hear and how many people go to court over Dogs acting vicious? Im not saying ALL dogs snap Im saying a majority of them do. So whats your point? I gave my opinion I couldnt give a shit if you agree with me or not.

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Then you failed to establish dominancy.If you're the human,you and every other person must show the dog that YOU are the pack leader&aggression isn't tolerated.So yeah you failed,kinda like you're failing with these not-so-witty quips

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Here let me italicize the part you may have failed to read

"I had my dog for almost 10 yrs (beagle) and she pinned me to the ground one day"

Quoting nrcklove:

Sounds like u failed to properly train ur dog....Bad training=bad dogs.....PERIOD

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I would never bring dogs into the house with children..they are very filthy, they use the same tongue they clean their privates after waste excretion and lick your kids and so on, and people think its "aww look hes giving kisses" eww. Anyways, its a DOG I just think they are dangerous and would never let one back in my home..I had my dog for almost 10 yrs (beagle) and she pinned me to the ground one day I was carrying my dinner to the table and after that, never again.

maddhattermama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

my dad has a husky, he's had him since i was like 8 or something and my brother was 6. Greatest dog you could ever have

rinaann
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes dog bites do happen, but just because you can post a link doesnt mean you what you are talking about 

What you have said that was untrue is that only the US keeps dogs inside. that is not even close to being true 

You also said most dogs snap, that is also untrue. yes some do snap but not most 

Youu said dogs are dangerous, that is also untrue. dogs are only dangerous if they do not have a reponsbile owner or proper training. 

All the links you are posting are saying these things, you need to properly train your dog 

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Heres some more proof to you:http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/stop-animal-abuse/fact-sheets/dog-bites.html

I clearly know what Im talking about, LOL. And as I said, its my opinion, i never said ALL DOGS, if I did please quote !

Dont try and say I said something when I NEVER did. I know enough, and get my own information from CDC, Humane Society which i have posted so clearly I DO Know so please woman stop trying to look right, no one is right its just how you look at it.

Quoting rinaann:

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but saying stupid stuff that you clearly dont know anything about is what people have a problem with

Just because you let your dogs get nasty doesnt mean they are all nasty 

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I wanted to be a VET to, just because I think dogs are a bit nasty doesnt mean I dont think they a precious and I dont have a heart. I donate to our local adoption agencies, I just wont bring them into my home. I didnt go for vet because it was too hard putting down my 1st dog when I was younger, and I figured I couldnt put animals to sleep.

Im very shocked too many people commenting its like its against the law to be opinionated God forbid you dont like dogs,,,these people are too obssessed with the topic.

Quoting rinaann:

I spend my time in college too, but i learn all about dogs and other domestic animals

Im going to school to be a vet =]

I like to "argue" about stuff i know about when someone clearly does not know anything about it and is saying BS things 

I know how to avoid a dog bite, i have spent most of my life working with dogs and i have never been bit, its not hard to understand dog behavior and how they act 

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Heres the education: http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Dog-Bites/dogbite-factsheet.html

Also, I dont spend my time educating myself about dogs, as a smart person I spend my time in college but unfortunately I can be a real dumbass by arguing over a DOG lol

Quoting rinaann:

you obviously are not educated when it comes to dogs

it has been proven, they even did it on mythbusters =]

the bites are harmfull because it is a bite, it has nothing to do with how dirty the mouth is

all of the other things you listed can be avoided if you are a smart person and responsible pet owner who trains their dog

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

That hasn't been proven, its more of a legend..if it is true then why are dog bites so harmful and can be almost life-threatening?

I gave my opinion, and my opinion doesn't go to all dogs, personally-they deficate and then sit on the furniture, and they will lick themselves with their tongue that they will put on a childs face, their hair causes bad reactions if swallowed accidently or gets in the eyes or near the face. If they feel they are in danger or do not understand a situation they WILL bite. These are my reasons why I refuse to ever keep a dog. Are they cute? Yes they are adorable, but does that make it right they should live in the home? No..but thats MY opinion and Im entitled to it.

And no, I was blessed with height, Im 5'10

Quoting rinaann:

My dogs love being in my house, they are not filithy or even close

Dogs tongues are actually cleaner than human tongues fyi, but i have still taught my dogs not to lick faces 

my dogs are not dangerous at all, i am smart enough to know dog behavior and be a good owner who trains my dog

i dont know how such a small dog could pin you to the ground, are you a midget?

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM

With all respect my family is from the middle east and I traveled from Bahrain to the UAE and went to Saudi, they are VERY rich people and wont even touch dogs, my friend has a dog and no one will go to her house because of it, i do because Im used to it...

Dogs can be "a mans best friend" they can be great, sometimes, but its rare in  most of europe, parts of asia and the middle east that they keep dogs

1. Quoting the.real.me:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

i cant reply to the whole thing bc Im on my phone but dogs have been domesticated and well taken care of for centuries all over the world. The countries that typically dont keep them as pets or family members are usually too poor to feed and care for them, not because they are 'dirty'....

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Huskys are great, but very energetic. They require a lot of training ande

exercise.  I strongly advise against "surprising" him with a pet.  It is far better to have the entire family be a part of the choosing process. Any potential personality clashes will be detected this way

Gooed luck

Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM

You are really putting words in my mouth PLEASE QUOTE where i said ONLY the us keeps dogs in the house

I get my facts what do you mean it doesnt mean I know what I am talking about, I can say the same about you you can just be a dog lover and its blasphemy to your ears to hear anyone talk bad about a dog...i mean youre sitting there typing words I NEVER SAID to make a FALSE point.

lady either quote me where I said ONLY THE US and so on, or else drop the subject now you're looking like a liar trying to twist the story to prove a point.

Quoting rinaann:

Yes dog bites do happen, but just because you can post a link doesnt mean you what you are talking about 

What you have said that was untrue is that only the US keeps dogs inside. that is not even close to being true 

You also said most dogs snap, that is also untrue. yes some do snap but not most 

Youu said dogs are dangerous, that is also untrue. dogs are only dangerous if they do not have a reponsbile owner or proper training. 

All the links you are posting are saying these things, you need to properly train your dog 

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Heres some more proof to you:http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/stop-animal-abuse/fact-sheets/dog-bites.html

I clearly know what Im talking about, LOL. And as I said, its my opinion, i never said ALL DOGS, if I did please quote !

Dont try and say I said something when I NEVER did. I know enough, and get my own information from CDC, Humane Society which i have posted so clearly I DO Know so please woman stop trying to look right, no one is right its just how you look at it.

Quoting rinaann:

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but saying stupid stuff that you clearly dont know anything about is what people have a problem with

Just because you let your dogs get nasty doesnt mean they are all nasty 

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I wanted to be a VET to, just because I think dogs are a bit nasty doesnt mean I dont think they a precious and I dont have a heart. I donate to our local adoption agencies, I just wont bring them into my home. I didnt go for vet because it was too hard putting down my 1st dog when I was younger, and I figured I couldnt put animals to sleep.

Im very shocked too many people commenting its like its against the law to be opinionated God forbid you dont like dogs,,,these people are too obssessed with the topic.

Quoting rinaann:

I spend my time in college too, but i learn all about dogs and other domestic animals

Im going to school to be a vet =]

I like to "argue" about stuff i know about when someone clearly does not know anything about it and is saying BS things 

I know how to avoid a dog bite, i have spent most of my life working with dogs and i have never been bit, its not hard to understand dog behavior and how they act 

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Heres the education: http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Dog-Bites/dogbite-factsheet.html

Also, I dont spend my time educating myself about dogs, as a smart person I spend my time in college but unfortunately I can be a real dumbass by arguing over a DOG lol

Quoting rinaann:

you obviously are not educated when it comes to dogs

it has been proven, they even did it on mythbusters =]

the bites are harmfull because it is a bite, it has nothing to do with how dirty the mouth is

all of the other things you listed can be avoided if you are a smart person and responsible pet owner who trains their dog

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

That hasn't been proven, its more of a legend..if it is true then why are dog bites so harmful and can be almost life-threatening?

I gave my opinion, and my opinion doesn't go to all dogs, personally-they deficate and then sit on the furniture, and they will lick themselves with their tongue that they will put on a childs face, their hair causes bad reactions if swallowed accidently or gets in the eyes or near the face. If they feel they are in danger or do not understand a situation they WILL bite. These are my reasons why I refuse to ever keep a dog. Are they cute? Yes they are adorable, but does that make it right they should live in the home? No..but thats MY opinion and Im entitled to it.

And no, I was blessed with height, Im 5'10

Quoting rinaann:

My dogs love being in my house, they are not filithy or even close

Dogs tongues are actually cleaner than human tongues fyi, but i have still taught my dogs not to lick faces 

my dogs are not dangerous at all, i am smart enough to know dog behavior and be a good owner who trains my dog

i dont know how such a small dog could pin you to the ground, are you a midget?

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

fanci64
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM
OMG! Husky are very loving and great around children. Just like any other dog it depends on the way their raised. They need alot of room to run and they need to be exercised regularly . They love to pull things. They are readers and must be kept in a run though they will dig their way out of anywhere its their nature. So if you dont live in a place where you can give your dog all of these things you should find another breed. But not because your worried about what it will be like around your family. They are the most wonderful family dogs. My best friend has bred and raised huskys for 30 years and I've owned 2myself. I dont have one now because I no longer live in the country, I live in the city but I loved my huskys and they were the best family dogs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN