Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont think my dd loves me.....EDITED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
im the main one that takes care of her every day,all day.but she just isnt attached to me.she doesnt cry for me either.my husband rarely cares for her and plays with when i ask him to and she cuddles with him,hugs him and all of that.dd prefers her dad over me and its obvious :,( what can i do to build a stronger bond with her?? This breaks my heart because i love her so much and i want to be close to her.she is 6 months old if that helps. **thanks to all of you for the supportive words.including the women who defended me to the Bitch in the first post.(especially DropZoneMom....thank you and nice comeback lol)**
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Insecure much?
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Don't stress. They go through periods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this
She's still really little so you never know how she will change once she can talk.

That being said, I never had a great bond with my middle son. I don't know what it was. He definitely was more attached to my husband. He's four now and he does prefer me sometimes but he's the only one who is fine with my husband putting him up bed or reading. My other two have always preferred me.

Just keep on doing what you are doing and that bond will get stronger.
illinoismommy83
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM
8 moms liked this

She is with you all day and is confident you will be there for her. She clings to daddy because he is gone at work all day so she misses him.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I think little girls are closer to their dads many times. That's where the phrase "daddy's girl" came from.
My DD is the same. Since she was still in my stomach, he spoke and she went nuts! Lol.
She just views me a a care taker, someone who provides food, lol.
She seriously called me "a booby" until 15 months because that's all she wanted me for! And even now, if I leave her she says "but who will feed me?"
They are so close, but he actually does a lot with her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not OP.

It has nothing to do with being insecure. Sometimes there just isn't a bond. And that is heartbreaking for a mom. I did haven't a bond with my middle son and I knew it. Even at 6 months I could tell the bond between him and my husband was stronger.

Quoting Anonymous:

Insecure much?
Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MIA0223:

I think little girls are closer to their dads many times. That's where the phrase "daddy's girl" came from.
My DD is the same. Since she was still in my stomach, he spoke and she went nuts! Lol.
She seriously called me "a booby" until 15 months because that's all she wanted me for! And even now, if I leave her she says "but who will

your dd sounds funny.
Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:58 AM
My first dd preferred daddy too. But my second is my little girl.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
She is. I love this kid so much, lol.

Quoting Clubpenguin:

Quoting MIA0223:

She seriously called me "a booby" until 15 months because that's all she wanted me for! And even now, if I leave her she says "but who will

your dd sounds funny.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eastcoastmama11
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM
5 moms liked this
I hate it when the bitchy ones get to the post first.

I'm sorry mama, that would be hard to deal with :(.

As far as bonding.. I'm not sure since she's so little. Do you breastfeed? If not you could try some skin on skin bonding time.
Other than that I'd just try to spend a lot of time holding her and reading to her etc.

Its possible that she is more affectionate towards her father because she's trying to win his attention. She loves you, and she knows she has you and you will be there for her, no matter what kind of mood she's in. That's a good thing.

Good luck, mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Insecure much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN