Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession: shopping

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I think I have a serious problem, I LOVE to shop. If I am in my favorite store if I see something I like I buy it..even if I have very little money. I have worked hard on this the past few months, now I spend most of my money on things for charlie, but it is still an issue. I know I suck :/  My husband makes decent money but I need to learn how to budget. bash away!! praying

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2littledaisies
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I can't bash you .. my mom is the same way and for a while I was the same way - before I had kids.  I realized it was something emotional I was dealing with my problems via shopping.. if I ever felt sad or depressed I'd go buy something. Back then it didn't matter much because I wasn't married or had kids but I do deal with debt now from it which sucks. 

GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
bump

SharonHernandez
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'm the same way when it comes to buying things for my daughter. I just have to buy her things, even when I shouldnt. I hate like if I'm going shopping for myself I can get a basket full of stuff for me and then slowly start replacing my things with things for her; by talking myself out of getting everything for myself. I havent really bought myself anything since she was like born lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I think my mom has the same problem too. She loves to shop, she always used to take me a lot.  I think the emotional part applies a lot for me too. I need to go hit something at the gym instead lol. I used to have a credit card- I will never have one again.

Quoting 2littledaisies

I can't bash you .. my mom is the same way and for a while I was the same way - before I had kids.  I realized it was something emotional I was dealing with my problems via shopping.. if I ever felt sad or depressed I'd go buy something. Back then it didn't matter much because I wasn't married or had kids but I do deal with debt now from it which sucks. 

jonellg
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

only go to the store if you need something

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

thank you

Quoting GraceHudson:

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I think it's okay to buy yourself something occasionally, just not as much as me lol. I have been selfish, and am working on it. It helps when I don't have the bank card unless I need it...

Quoting SharonHernandez:

I'm the same way when it comes to buying things for my daughter. I just have to buy her things, even when I shouldnt. I hate like if I'm going shopping for myself I can get a basket full of stuff for me and then slowly start replacing my things with things for her; by talking myself out of getting everything for myself. I havent really bought myself anything since she was like born lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I was always a big shopper.I shopped all yr for Xmas,sale stuff too,but we got overrun.Now,with the economy and everything,I hardly shop.What I do is avoid stores altogether except for grocery stores and I only get what I need.I feel Id rather have $$ in the bank than a bunch of stuff that clutters up my house.Even with Xmas,we started downsizing and telling the kids,2 items that you want.I am tired of having to declutter for the Goodwill every 2 months,its finally starting to get organized here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Clutter is inspiring me to not buy a lot I hate clutter!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I was always a big shopper.I shopped all yr for Xmas,sale stuff too,but we got overrun.Now,with the economy and everything,I hardly shop.What I do is avoid stores altogether except for grocery stores and I only get what I need.I feel Id rather have $$ in the bank than a bunch of stuff that clutters up my house.Even with Xmas,we started downsizing and telling the kids,2 items that you want.I am tired of having to declutter for the Goodwill every 2 months,its finally starting to get organized here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN