Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I laughed at my hubby when he was attacked....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yup, I laughed when my hubby was bit by his fish.  I tried not to and I asked if he was okay (he said he was).  He was trying to put a sponge over the filter to protect the babies that just hatched (they weren't free swimming yet).  We didn't know we had a male and female jaguar cichlids (we got them when they were tiny).  The male was relentless and hearing my hubby say, "Ouch you little bastard" made me laugh harder.  He said it really didn't hurt.  That it felt like a pinch.  He told me to try it, so I put my hand it.  He wouldn't bite me.  So, I don't know if fish can smell pheromones and can tell my hubby is a male or what.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambk4ever
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM

LOL thats too funny!!!

overweightmommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I probably would have laughed, and his comment would have made me laugh harder as well. Lol. 

GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM
funny

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

the fish was relentless too.  I would say in 2 minutes he was bit 15 times.  Who would of thought you would have to worry about being attacked by a fish?  We have huge catfish that we hand feed, so it never crossed our minds that a 6 inch fish would be so aggressive.

Quoting ambk4ever:

LOL thats too funny!!!

edelweiss23
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Go Fishies!!!

2littledaisies
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM

We had like 6 pirahnas people would come over all the time and be like "har har give you $5 to stick your hand in the tank" little did they know that they were frickin pansy fish and would swim away if you put anything in there lol. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM

lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My hubby wants pirahnas, but they are illegal here.  :(  Did you take them up on the bet?  I would have.

Quoting 2littledaisies:

We had like 6 pirahnas people would come over all the time and be like "har har give you $5 to stick your hand in the tank" little did they know that they were frickin pansy fish and would swim away if you put anything in there lol. 

mom2ljh
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting 2littledaisies:

har har..

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN