Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ATTN: CHRISTIANS-I have a moral dilemma and need advise...EDIT-THANK YOU

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • 50 Replies
I have prayed and prayed asking God for forgiveness for my sins...both past and present! I have recently returned to church and have been reading the bible regularly! However..

I have three children, two are from a previous relationship that I ended when it became abusive. The father of the third child and I have been living together as a married couple for 9 years now. But we are not married! I want to be married with all my heart and soul, but whenever I bring it up he just says "it will happen." it's been 9 years, and it still hasn't happened!! I am so distressed by this lately, I am not sure what is more sinful...to continue to stay with him knowing he may never marry me, or to leave him! God help me, I live him so much! I live my children, but I am trying to change my ways and live my life the way God intends me to. I want God to forgive me, and to forgive the bad choices I have made throughout my life! I was not raised with any religious teachings and have sought out God and Jesus on my own...please give me some advise! Point me in the right direction! What do I do?

EDIT:
Thank you all so much for your word of advise and for sharing your knowledge with me! I will continue to pray for guidance, I will speak to my pastor and to my SO. I want to do right by God from here forward! I will do as HE directs me. Thank you! May God Bless each and every one of you for helping a lost soul in the search for the path of righteousness and forgiveness!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Advice

Do what feel is right. I think you know the answer already.
marchantmom06
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM
What exactly about living with him is sinful to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I know this is very, very difficult.  I'm sorry you're in this situation :(

If you are a Christian, you need to not be having sex outside of marriage.  Are you having sex with him?

My advice is to wholeheartedly tell him that that you love him and, as a Christian, you need to follow God. If he doesn't want to marry you, it is time to leave.

He is not respecting you and is being controlling by saying "it will happen".  He is not a good man if he is treating you that way.

I also recommend calling a crisis hotline. ONe to try is lovelines.org (the number is on the page) Trust me, they want to help you and this is definitely a crisis.

Also speak with a local minister.

(((HUGS))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Anjlmom32
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM
The fact that we are not married by law...I am unclear on the biblical definition of marriage...and want to know basically if being married in Gods eyes is in relation to "legal" marriage...

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
HUGS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

You should not have to deal with this alone. Please find a trustworthy Christian counselor.  Call the churches with the biggest phone book ads first nd ask if they offer free counseling

mstevens10
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Talk to you minister for advice. Talk to your SO and tell him how much it means I you to be married. Ask him
When will it happen? It's been 9 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
If marriage is a dealbreaker to you tell him to put a ring on it or you're gone.
mstevens10
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Why the biggest ads?

Op if you found your church talk to the minister there, somewhere that your comfortable.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should not have to deal with this alone. Please find a trustworthy Christian counselor.  Call the churches with the biggest phone book ads first nd ask if they offer free counseling

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN