Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ATTN: CHRISTIANS-I have a moral dilemma and need advise...EDIT-THANK YOU

Posted by   + Show Post
I have prayed and prayed asking God for forgiveness for my sins...both past and present! I have recently returned to church and have been reading the bible regularly! However..

I have three children, two are from a previous relationship that I ended when it became abusive. The father of the third child and I have been living together as a married couple for 9 years now. But we are not married! I want to be married with all my heart and soul, but whenever I bring it up he just says "it will happen." it's been 9 years, and it still hasn't happened!! I am so distressed by this lately, I am not sure what is more sinful...to continue to stay with him knowing he may never marry me, or to leave him! God help me, I live him so much! I live my children, but I am trying to change my ways and live my life the way God intends me to. I want God to forgive me, and to forgive the bad choices I have made throughout my life! I was not raised with any religious teachings and have sought out God and Jesus on my own...please give me some advise! Point me in the right direction! What do I do?

EDIT:
Thank you all so much for your word of advise and for sharing your knowledge with me! I will continue to pray for guidance, I will speak to my pastor and to my SO. I want to do right by God from here forward! I will do as HE directs me. Thank you! May God Bless each and every one of you for helping a lost soul in the search for the path of righteousness and forgiveness!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Xat
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Does he give a reason why he hasn't married you by now?

I would explain to him that you are a Christian and how living in sin is tearing you apart inside. If you are going to church maybe the pastor can do some counseling with you and your SO.

marchantmom06
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
No it's not

Quoting Anonymous:

Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

What exactly about living with him is sinful to you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

It is not sinful to turn your life away from committing sin. But I think you need to sit down with him and find out why after 9 years he still wont marry you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
All the single ladies
Now put your hands up

[Verse 1]
Up in the club, we just broke up
I'm doing my own little thing
You decided to dip but now you wanna trip
Cause another brother noticed me
I'm up on him, he up on me
don't pay him any attention
Cause I cried my tears, for three good years
Ya can't be mad at me

[Chorus:]
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it

Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
Acting up, drink in my cup
I could care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Don't pay him any attention
Cause you had your turn
And now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
Don't treat me to these things of the world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Is a man that makes me then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I'm the one you want
If you don't, you'll be alone
And like a ghost I'll be gone

All the single ladies
Now put your hands up

[Chorus x2]

Wuh uh oh
marchantmom06
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Heres an idea for you, pray for god to show you his way, that he wants you to live and grow in him.

Quoting Anjlmom32:

The fact that we are not married by law...I am unclear on the biblical definition of marriage...and want to know basically if being married in Gods eyes is in relation to "legal" marriage...

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
According to the Bible it is. You may not feel it is but she's specifically asking about the religious aspect.

Quoting marchantmom06:

No it's not

Quoting Anonymous:

Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

mantyangel
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I would talk to him and explain how important this is to you.  If he loves and respects you like he should, he would marry you to make you happy.  You may have to make an ultimatum and mean it.  If you want to be married and they don't it is time to move on.  I'm sorry, I know this must be very hard for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Breathe. I think god must be busy dealing with worse problems. If you love the guy and he's good to you and your kids, then don't worry about a piece of paper.

GodchickwithMS
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this is very, very difficult.  I'm sorry you're in this situation :(

If you are a Christian, you need to not be having sex outside of marriage.  Are you having sex with him?

My advice is to wholeheartedly tell him that that you love him and, as a Christian, you need to follow God. If he doesn't want to marry you, it is time to leave.

He is not respecting you and is being controlling by saying "it will happen".  He is not a good man if he is treating you that way.

I also recommend calling a crisis hotline. ONe to try is lovelines.org (the number is on the page) Trust me, they want to help you and this is definitely a crisis.

Also speak with a local minister.

(((HUGS))

I agree with this. Also, if he cannot give u a date for u to be married, I believe he is going against Gods' best for you, and u should end things. You don't NEED a ring, my DH couldn't afford a ring, and we paid $250 to a Court Judge to marry us. Make sure he knows u just want to do what is right in Gods' eyes, and it isn't about  a ring or a wedding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Well that's up to you. Do you think your Man is going to propose without be nudged by you? Do you want to live the rest of your life unmarried with this man and living in the same household? Is your conviction so strong, that you're willing to choose God over your Man? Those are all questions on you can answer. I was not waiting years & years for my Husband to propose. I had a mental time frame that I knew I wasn't going to go past. If you want to be Married and he clearly doesn't, that's a problem. Is this man a Christian,meaning has accepted Jesus into his heart? If not, you shouldn't be living with,in a relationship or trying to get him to marry you anyway. The Bible says that we are to not be unequally yoked to non-believers. You should only be marrying a Christian who is saved. I hope you do what is right. If you're questioning your present situation, you already know the answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured