Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ATTN: CHRISTIANS-I have a moral dilemma and need advise...EDIT-THANK YOU

Posted by   + Show Post
I have prayed and prayed asking God for forgiveness for my sins...both past and present! I have recently returned to church and have been reading the bible regularly! However..

I have three children, two are from a previous relationship that I ended when it became abusive. The father of the third child and I have been living together as a married couple for 9 years now. But we are not married! I want to be married with all my heart and soul, but whenever I bring it up he just says "it will happen." it's been 9 years, and it still hasn't happened!! I am so distressed by this lately, I am not sure what is more sinful...to continue to stay with him knowing he may never marry me, or to leave him! God help me, I live him so much! I live my children, but I am trying to change my ways and live my life the way God intends me to. I want God to forgive me, and to forgive the bad choices I have made throughout my life! I was not raised with any religious teachings and have sought out God and Jesus on my own...please give me some advise! Point me in the right direction! What do I do?

EDIT:
Thank you all so much for your word of advise and for sharing your knowledge with me! I will continue to pray for guidance, I will speak to my pastor and to my SO. I want to do right by God from here forward! I will do as HE directs me. Thank you! May God Bless each and every one of you for helping a lost soul in the search for the path of righteousness and forgiveness!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, being that when the Bible was written there was no such thing as "legal marriage" as we know it today, I say if you consider yourselves married, and are committed and faithful to each other, what difference does a piece of paper make? Especially being that you already have a child together. I think it would be better to live together outside of wedlock than to split up your child's home.

Quoting Anjlmom32:

The fact that we are not married by law...I am unclear on the biblical definition of marriage...and want to know basically if being married in Gods eyes is in relation to "legal" marriage...

Quoting marchantmom06:

What exactly about living with him is sinful to you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

oh, for fuck sakes.

THIS is why I'm not religious.

Ridiculous to think that you should feel horrible for living with and sleeping with someone you love, and not have to be married...

There are millions of MISERABLE marriages out there, you know. Marriage doesn't make you free of sin. You can still be doing horrible things while married.

I just don't get it. My advice?

Put down the Bible and LIVE YOUR LIFE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM
The Bible mentions more times that I can count fornication is a sin. I don't care what your interpretation is. I'm going by His word. Catholics have their own interpretations of thing other denominations don't.
Quoting marchantmom06:

I'm a very strict catholic and it isn't in the bible that sec before marriage is a sin.

Quoting Anonymous:

According to the Bible it is. You may not feel it is but she's specifically asking about the religious aspect.

Quoting marchantmom06:

No it's not

Quoting Anonymous:

Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

why buy the cow if your getting the milk for free? if its something you feel really passionate about and hes dragging his feet tell him you refuse to do the things that husband and wife do in the bedroom until he is your husband, that will either get him to pick it up and get married or walk away and then you would know he didnt have respect for you in the first place, and you could go on raising your kids and focusing on the things you need to do! 

Anjlmom32
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Thank you for your honesty...but I love God and for me, living my life according to HIS word is the best choice for me. It's ok that you do not agree, I don't judge you. I respect your opinion and your honesty.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh, for fuck sakes.

THIS is why I'm not religious.

Ridiculous to think that you should feel horrible for living with and sleeping with someone you love, and not have to be married...

There are millions of MISERABLE marriages out there, you know. Marriage doesn't make you free of sin. You can still be doing horrible things while married.

I just don't get it. My advice?

Put down the Bible and LIVE YOUR LIFE.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM
But seeing as we are the first Christians wouldn't our views be the right ones???

And show me the scripture.

Quoting Anonymous:

The Bible mentions more times that I can count fornication is a sin. I don't care what your interpretation is. I'm going by His word. Catholics have their own interpretations of thing other denominations don't.
Quoting marchantmom06:

I'm a very strict catholic and it isn't in the bible that sec before marriage is a sin.

Quoting Anonymous:

According to the Bible it is. You may not feel it is but she's specifically asking about the religious aspect.

Quoting marchantmom06:

No it's not

Quoting Anonymous:

Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anjlmom32
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Please ladies, don't argue. This is not what God wants. He wants us to love one another as HE loves us. It's ok to disagree...respect each others differences and beliefs, for no one will know which religious beliefs are truly "right" or "wrong" until the day of judgement. It all comes down to interpretation and how each individual interprets the scripture. I love you both. HUG

Quoting marchantmom06:

But seeing as we are the first Christians wouldn't our views be the right ones???

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marchantmom06:

No it's not

Quoting Anonymous:

Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

The question is do you think premaritial sex is a sin? If you think it is, then you must act accordingly. To leave a sinful situation is NOT sinful. In order to seek forgiveness you must first, recognize that you sinned, then feel sorrowful for the sin, forsake the sin, then confess it, and make restitution and must be willing to forgive others their trespasses. At least, that is what I believe. That without any one of those steps, you cannot fully be whole and feel complete. 

http://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-19-repentance?lang=eng

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the premarital sex is more of a sin than living with him...

Quoting Anjlmom32:

The fact that we are not married by law...I am unclear on the biblical definition of marriage...and want to know basically if being married in Gods eyes is in relation to "legal" marriage...

Quoting marchantmom06:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Based on that comment, you just want to start drama.

Here's a site with several scriptural references http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001334.cfm

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marchantmom06:

No it's not

Quoting Anonymous:

Premarital sex is a sin.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN