Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when people mispronounce my Kid's name!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

His name is Leland.It's pronounced Le-lan.It makes me so angry!Stop pronouncing the D!it's Le-lan!

my rant and  vent for the day

do your kids names get mispronounced?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
anonymouss
by Aquamarine Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
LMAO, take the D off. Leland the bounty hunter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, but I would definitely pronounce the D. It's there, and I've known two people named Leland, both pronounced the D.
My daughter Eva keeps getting called Ava. :-/ I feel like saying "okay now, let's sound it out together...what does an "E" say"? Like kindergartners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandella79
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry, I can't relate becuase chose names that are easy to pronounce and exist in the real world on purpose to avoid this very issue.

JBbean
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Yeah i would have pronounced the D as well.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
People say Brandon sometimes (its Brayden). Close enough haha it doesn't really bother me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mi4339mi

Liar...Liar pants on fire.

You posted this in Newcomers a few days ago, unless there is another mom on CM with  son named Leland who hates it when people mispronounce his name

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't see another post anywhere else. Im only in this group and it bugged me because the teacher at my DS's school does it all the time.Today I flipped on her.I can't help that it was done.I wanted to vent today

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
7 moms liked this
LMFAO. Please say you're a troll. "Leland" is a legit name. If you name your kid that, that's what people are going to call him! Duh! If you want people to call him Lelan, NAME HIM THAT! OMFG.

I think I will name my next child Malissa, but expect everyone to call her Alissa, because they should know the M is silent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaydeesLaydee

Yes, it bugs me.  My youngest son's name is Collen, pronounced Call-Len...it drives me batty, we'll be sitting in a doctor's office and we hear, Colleen... (Call EEEEEn.) which is a girl's name.  

Lady at the pharmacy even tried to argue with me over how it was pronounced once.  I told her it has two L's one E, and if it were Colleen, it would have two E's. Ugh. I ought to know how to spell and pronounce my own kid's name. 

We have common misspellings too..Collin and Colin too. 

dsebastian23

then take the damn "D" off

Tinkerbellmama

Our oldest is Alayna. Pronounced "Ah-lay-nah" but people are always pronouncing it "Ah-lah-nah" it's not really that big of a deal. She's old enough to just say "It's Ah-lay-nah"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)