Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can a hospital call the cops on update on my neighbor

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 102 Replies
A grown woman? Now I don't know all the details BUT my neighbor went to the E.R. very early this morning because she was having some chest pains, she called me to tell me she wasn't going to be able to take my DD to school and if my DH was gonna come home to take her could he take her girls too, she just wanted to sleep. I said sure, not a problem. As I'm sitting on my porch drinking my coffee texting DH about the girls 5 cop cars pull up in front of mine and my neighbors house. Just them my neighbor pulls around the corner and the cops ALLLLLL get out of there cars and literally surrounded her. Well after a few min all but 2 cars leave. They allowed her to come over to me and ask if the girls can stay with me till my DH got here to take them to school and if she's not home in time can we pick them up from school too. I said absolutely, she says these idiots are making me go back to the hospital! They think I'm unstable. She ended up calling me from the e.r. to tell me that she left in a huff because the Dr wasn't listening to her and kept talking over her so she said forget it I'm going home and left to come home. That's all I know, she then said she had to go a Dr was coming in.

So my question is, can a hospital call the cops on an adult woman when the Dr didn't even have a chance to talk to her? I get if they think she's unstable, but just to leave because she's frustrated with her Dr?

UPDATE:

OK, so she just called us a bit ago and apparently when she left she told the Dr to go fuck himself and die (she's kinda spicy like that LOL) well the Dr said she was being violent so they are holding her for 48 hours. We have the girls tonight and tomorrow and she should be home late Thursday afternoon. I feel so bad for her and her girls! Were gonna take them out to eat and get ice cream when we get them from school. All because the Dr wanted to argue with her about how she was feeling. SO STUPID
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kustomkidz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Sounds odd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
osubucksbaby
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Oh wow... Did she make any threats or anything?

What state are u in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Um I don't know, that sounds weird...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, a bit confused. She texted you about picking up her kids but then shortly after she came back to her house?

This all just seems odd and confusing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.jessefuller
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Yes they can if they think she's is a threat to herself or other people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I totally agree! If I didn't know her so well I would call BS, or think there's more going on but I doubt that with her.

Quoting kustomkidz:

Sounds odd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I know they also call child services !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
If they think she's mentally unstable enough that she's a danger to herself or others, yes they can absolutely have the cops bring her back in. They can putnher on a psych hold for I believe uo to 72 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM
If they think she's going to harm herself or others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM
If she is mentally unstable then yes. They can get a judge to sign a court order. Or a psych hold on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN