Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM how do you do it????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 162 Replies

I work M-F 9-5pm and I still have to do all the cooking and cleaning and take care of my 2 kids. On the weekends I feel like I'm going to go crazy being home all day. We have no cable now because we just moved into our new house,but even when we did I just get bored out of my mind. I take care of kids well but I just get depressed,tired,sleepy and migraines all day on the weekends. I honestly couldn't imagine having to be home all day everyday. I'm not bashing but I just want to know how you don't get bored.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I'm not home all day, every day. My DS goes to preschool. I take DD out on my errands before I pick him up. Then I take them to play dates, the zoo, the museum, the park and even the mall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I do admit I will occasionally, but I'll go do something outside or read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I do get bored.
But I also am happy I'm lucky enough to give my kids that time... Honestly I don't think I'd have it any other way.
Lyssa0587
5 moms liked this

I do get bored...LOL..but I refuse to work just to pay for childcare for 3 kids. I try to keep myself busy with other things...but some days I wont lie, I just do nothing..because Ive done it all already..LOL.

weirdkids
1 mom liked this

i like my kids alot. they are very well behaved and weird enough to be amusing so its never boring here when they are home. i get bored when they arnt here. lol weekends are great because i have everyone home and when they are all together its even more amusing.

Chuckydoodle
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I look forward to the boredom myself lol, I love nothing more than having nothing to do. 

camdenp10
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I go to school full-time and that takes up some of my time. My son and I play, watch educational DVDs, I help out my grandparents (cleaning), help my siblings(homework), clean the house. I am not bashing you, I just think that some people think that just because we stay at home, that we really have nothing to do. I have school, my son, I help my elderly granparents who are raising my brother and sister. I take alot off of them as far as cleaning, and doing things with my brother and sister.

myangels2
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Nope never bored. There's always work to do inside and outside, kids to take care of, school events, play dates, lunch and shopping with friends.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't get bored because I do things with my kids. Crafts, play games, go for walks, go to the park, have play dates, go to playgroup. I am very involved in their lives as I have a deep interest in them having good futures. You are only bored if you allow yourself to be. There are so many fun things to do with your kids if you are willing to get on their level and just play. I get no greater joy than watching them learn something that I taught them, nothing boring about that :)

MamaK313
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Sometimes I do get bored, which is why I end up here. For the most part though I love being home. I go to my mom's house 2-3 times a week to visit with her and give my boys a chance to enjoy lots of yard space and outdoor activities (we have a small yard and no shade here, makes for hot summer days). There's not a lot to do in my town, but we always manage to have fun. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)