Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM how do you do it????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I work M-F 9-5pm and I still have to do all the cooking and cleaning and take care of my 2 kids. On the weekends I feel like I'm going to go crazy being home all day. We have no cable now because we just moved into our new house,but even when we did I just get bored out of my mind. I take care of kids well but I just get depressed,tired,sleepy and migraines all day on the weekends. I honestly couldn't imagine having to be home all day everyday. I'm not bashing but I just want to know how you don't get bored.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Moms are different. I thrive on being home and with my kids. I hate working. Some women simply prefer different situations - luckily we can all make that choice and do what is best for us.

tm88rn
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't get bored. There is always something to do or somewhere to go. I never get tired of playing with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Then don't stay home all weekend. Go out and take your kids somewhere. Plan fun activities to do as a family, crafts and games, cooking..etc. =D

Jaxmomof2600

I have been home for 16 yrs.  I paint the house (inside and out), do all the yard work and am always repairing something.  I read and do crafts.  My youngest will be graduating in June the last one home.   I couldn't imagine trying to go back to work after all these years.  We don't stay home on the weekends so my DH appreciates that everything is done.

lalaboosh
I made an uplifting teas and workout schedule. I'm gonna start it today, hopefully I'll stop wanting to die! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Nope always had a million things to and didn't really stay at home all that much. Just packed the kids up and went places and did things, even on weekends when dh was working. Can you get out somewhere on the weekends?

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Bored?  Seriously?  There is ALWAYS some to do.  ALWAYS.  I have 3 children under the ages of three.  I have 6 children total, ages 9 and under.  There is always organizing, breastfeeding, cleaning (constantly cleaning something) rearranging, wiping, cooking (oh, the endless fixing of food), sorting, laundry (endless laundry) and that doesn't include any outside work or running back and forth taking my 2 oldest to school or the music lessons I teach.  Staying home with my children is truly a full time job.  I don't have time to get bored.  

thompsonmommy12
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I take full time classes online :) I wake up, make breakfast for dd and I. We play for 2 hours then she goes down for a nap. I then clean up and do a chore like clean the bathroom or something like that and start a load of laundry. Dd usually wake up when I finish that, so I make some lunch, clean up watch an episode of yo gabba gabba lol then hubby gets home from work around 2 or 3. I do homework for a few hours, cook dinner and clean up then back to more homework.

That's my day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM

We don't stay home everyday. We go out and shop, to the park, play dates, etc.

SundayXC
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM

CM helps lol. I stay pretty busy, juggling 2 boys under 2, countless diapers to change, yard work to do, house to clean, endless laundry, a kitten & 2 dogs. I embrace my boredom when it comes...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN