Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM how do you do it????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I work M-F 9-5pm and I still have to do all the cooking and cleaning and take care of my 2 kids. On the weekends I feel like I'm going to go crazy being home all day. We have no cable now because we just moved into our new house,but even when we did I just get bored out of my mind. I take care of kids well but I just get depressed,tired,sleepy and migraines all day on the weekends. I honestly couldn't imagine having to be home all day everyday. I'm not bashing but I just want to know how you don't get bored.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
L1558
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Quoting Tesserae:

Moms are different. I thrive on being home and with my kids. I hate working. Some women simply prefer different situations - luckily we can all make that choice and do what is best for us.

I don't know that everyone can make that choice. As a single mom, I had to work. ...and as a re-married mom, I still have to work. It's not because we have new cars or a big house, or ran up a bunch of credit cards, etc. We just need two incomes to get by and we both work.

So just remember-- some women don't have to work...and that's awesome for them if they don't want to...but many of us do have to (although i like working, some of the women I work with would like to be able to do it part-time or be home). Kind of like your husband...we have to pull in income for our families. Not a choice.

Lunch with friends? Running errands? Staying in my pajamas? Working out? Only if I do these things before 6:00AM or after 5:30PM, or on the weekend...and not usually then! LMAO

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM
CM keeps me occupied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Good question.  I have been home for years, since just before my son was born and there have been days I didn't know how I was going to hold it together.  I finally got fed up, it didn't help that DH and I were having severe problems and almost called it quits, and told him that I was going back to work or going back to school but things were going to change.  I went back to school and graduated and now work from home so bascially what changed was I added more work to what I already do but I at least get a little money for it.

Myabe it's just me but there are only so many projects you can do with your kids, only so many times you can go to the park or take walks.  I've done all that.  Cooking, cleaning, laundry, it gets old fast.  Being in the house 24 hours a day can be torture after a while.  The only thing I can suggest is figure out what will make you happy.  At the very least try to get the cable on ASAP.

mommy_ruggs09
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have so much to do during the day. I'm living at home right now, while dh is deployed, so it helps my parents out. I have my daily chores list that gets done throughout the day and then ds wakes up and its time to play.

ButtercupL1129
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:08 PM

i play with my DD most of the day, when she naps, i make the bed, there's always dishes and wash to do, if bills need paid i write the checks out, if i need groceries ill go during the day and get whats needed around the house. EOWE when SD comes to stay for the weekend when she leaves the house is a wreck lol, especially her bedroom! when i have extra time ill watch some movies, read a book or my cosmo magazine (my fav) then at some point after im finished anything that makes me sweaty ill take a shower depending on what DD is doing.

atyou
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM
get your kids out of the house!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I keep myself and my child busy.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I have lots of hobbies. lol. I still get bored, and somewhat depressed at times, but I know I'm doing what's best for my kids and my family, and once my youngest dd starts school, I can get a job if I still feel like I need one. I try to keep those thoughts in mind when I'm having a really bad day with it.

psychessun
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

i WAH, kids are here all the time too, I homeschool them, 6 and 5. 

we don't have cable. 

hmm, i don't know, being bored has never been an issue with us.

depressed/tired/sleepy/migraines -- you might actually have a grain/soy allergy.

I hate weekends, holidays, and summer!
danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been a SAHM for 7 years now and I love it!

But I don't sit at home all day, everyday doing nothing LOL

We're always doing something fun. Park, playground, beach, hiking, movies, road trips, visiting family/friends, shopping.. or I just sit outside on my deck listening to music while getting some sun as the kids run around the yard playing bubbles, riding bikes, hopscotch, etc

Your days are what you make them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN