Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM how do you do it????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I work M-F 9-5pm and I still have to do all the cooking and cleaning and take care of my 2 kids. On the weekends I feel like I'm going to go crazy being home all day. We have no cable now because we just moved into our new house,but even when we did I just get bored out of my mind. I take care of kids well but I just get depressed,tired,sleepy and migraines all day on the weekends. I honestly couldn't imagine having to be home all day everyday. I'm not bashing but I just want to know how you don't get bored.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Being a SAHM doesn't necessarily mean being at home. I am usually out of the home more than my DH. I would go nuts at home all day:)
Valerie_G
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I drink, troll the internet, and pick fights with my husband over things that don't matter lol!

No but really, I think the 'stay at home' part of the title is crap. My full-time job is to raise my kids because I'm fortunate enough to not have to depend on others 40 hours a week to do so. This job entails singing annoying songs over and over again, making a fool out of yourself talking to imaginary friends, teaching a little human being how to do thrive and survive in society, having the patience of a damn saint, and my favorite, learning how to think and act like a child again. I get to witness every milestone, see every 'amazed' expression when they see or learn something new, and raise them how I want them to be raised. We go places, play outside, make messes, clean messes, dance, fight, dress up, turn the bath tub into a lake, and experience new things. I worked full time for 10 years and resigned after missing out on so much of my daughters first two years of life. We had to learn about eachother all over again because she was used to waking up to the sitter and only seeing me before bed 5 days a week. Like I said I'm lucky, some can't do it or simply don't have the patience to and that's perfectly fine. I just appreciate this so much because of the guilt I felt leaving her to go to work.

Besides playdate mommies are wild man. 'SAHM' gossip trumps any office chatter I've ever heard, BY FAR lol!

Get creative! Kids are fun and think you walk on water simply by paying attention to them. Right now my 4 year old is trying to plant some apple seeds from her snack this afternoon. She's been digging for 30 minutes and stops every time she sees a new rock so it's going to take her a while. My 9.5 month old son just crawled for the first time this morning and I got it on video! It was on Facebook before I even picked him up lol! He's napping now and I'm doing my normal afternoon addiction: lurking on Facebook posts that are none of my business, catching up on celebrity gossip, and browsing Mom Confessions.

I enjoy it, it's not for everyone and I don't plan on returning to work in the near future. Can I suggest something? When you do have days off spend your time wisely. I haven't met a mom of older children yet that hasn't said it goes by way too fast and they wish they would have taken more pictures or done more things with them :).

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here.lol

Quoting Lyssa0587:

I do get bored...LOL..but I refuse to work just to pay for childcare for 3 kids. I try to keep myself busy with other things...but some days I wont lie, I just do nothing..because Ive done it all already..LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kustomkidz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM, but honestly between dr appts, PTO, running errands I'm never home. I usually take the kids to school at 8 and am gone from then til I pick them up. Then it's ECs. I'm never home it feels like, and nothing is ever done. DH gets mad but it's not like I'm out playing around. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Different strokes for different folks.  There are some SAHMs who would have the same problem getting up and going to work every day! lol

Mandymb
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
i have way to much to do to get bored. keeping house clean, running errands, working at the kids school, lunch dates and shopping with friends. honestly im only home on average two days a week and that is when i deep clean and do laundry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ednaamelia
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I dont have time to get bored! Lol I have three kiddos who are not school age yet. Then there is cleaning, cooking, playing with them, taking them to the park, by the time they take a nap i cook or take a nap with them. I enjoy most days with them, there is always something fun to do, they keep me entertained. Better than reality tv haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I don't get bored. There is plenty to do at home, with the kids, at the school, at the church, at the park, in the community, at the library, at a girl's lunch, at coffee with friends on Friday's and nooners with the hubby. I don't get bored.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

we stay pretty busy between field trips, sports stuff, errands, park ect.. plus when I'm home I am cooking or cleaning, playing ect.

things4us5
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Well I check in on cafemom when I'm not busy doing household stuff or taking care of the kids.

I only watch tv after the kids are in bed, before I fall asleep. SO and I will usually watch a couple eposides of whatever we're into on netflix that week.

When we're actually home all day we'll do crafts, bake cookies, or just play and have fun. Listen to a lot of music too.or go work in the garden, or play outside.

but we're not home all day everyday. Sat we took the kids to chuckie cheeses. Today we packed a picnic and went to the park for a few hours. We'll go garage sale hunting, visit thrift stores, an occasional visit to the craft store. We go to any free family events they have. We visit the musuem in town occassionly, they have a permint circus exbit that the kiddos love. We'll go to the fair or circus when it's in town. Grocery shopping is almost always mommy time . I'll go myself and just have an hour of peace and quiet lol. Sometimes I'll take a kid or two with me when they havn't gotten any one on one time in a little while with me.

oh and every couple of weeks we do theme days at home, usually it'll tie into something we learned about recently that the kids showed an intrest in, and we'll try to tie as many things as possible into it.  Like when spring sprung the kids asked a bunch of questions about birds. We answered as much as we could, and we made birdbeaks and wings and played in a 'nest' and ate 'worms', and we also made bird feeders.

or daddy went to go see monster trucks with his friends awhile back. so while he was out we made mini monster trucks, painted a monster truck track, ate monster truck foods(fair food for the most part),watched a how its made and then just a video of monster trucks, and played monster trucks with all the toy cars and trucks we had,even built ramps for our track lol.

or the oldest learned to fish for the first time, so the younger ones and i made fishes and fishing rods with constructionpaper,magnets,and string. we pretended to swim around like fish, and ate fishy shaped foods (i'm allergic to seafood so no eating fish here).

We've done circus themed days,fishing,monster trucks, birds, built forts, bees, flowers,music, all kinda things
I can go on and on. it gives them so many fun oppertunities to learn, and a lot of cute photo-ops too.

The girls all help me cook and bake whenever there is a way for them to help, I'm trying to get them to help clean too (4 that are 5 and under). It's really not boring in the least bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)