Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for all you church goers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How much do you usually put in the offering plate each Sunday?

When I go, I usually give $5, I realize it's not much, but I usually don't have much to give!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
illinoismommy83
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Whatever I can afford. It depends on the week. I'm not going to let my kids go without just to give the "proper" amount. If its just $5 then its just $5.

GabrielRiley
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually 10% but I had it to my bishop we don't have a plate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabrielRiley
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Usually 10% but I had it to my bishop we don't have a plate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OregonNative
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Whatever I can afford that week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
We tithe $400/month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM

usually 20.

jennalking1992
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Since my income is so low, i cant usually give anything.... /: but i went to a sermon at our church a few months ago that basically told us that "our money" is actually God's money, and he is letting us use it. and the preacher basically told us that the question we need to ask when trying to figure out how much money to give to God is not "how much of my money can i give to God this week?" but it should be "how much of Gods money can i keep for what i need? the rest i will give to my church". idk if that makes much sense. but i think thats a very realistic way to look at it, if you are a christian(: i hope that helped!

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
I am working toward tithing, but I try to at least never go empty handed. I give as much as I can that week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ozarkdragonfly
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I give what I can. Some weeks it's nothing, some weeks it's 20. The weeks I can give nothing I try to help out extra with charities and such. That way I'm still giving in a way. I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this but it's all I can do sometimes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I've heard it put that way.  It makes sense to me.

I can tell you this...we struggle MORE the months we do not tithe and have an "extra" $400.  Strange how that works out.

Quoting jennalking1992:

Since my income is so low, i cant usually give anything.... /: but i went to a sermon at our church a few months ago that basically told us that "our money" is actually God's money, and he is letting us use it. and the preacher basically told us that the question we need to ask when trying to figure out how much money to give to God is not "how much of my money can i give to God this week?" but it should be "how much of Gods money can i keep for what i need? the rest i will give to my church". idk if that makes much sense. but i think thats a very realistic way to look at it, if you are a christian(: i hope that helped!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)