Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for all you church goers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How much do you usually put in the offering plate each Sunday?

When I go, I usually give $5, I realize it's not much, but I usually don't have much to give!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM

We usually give $75 every two weeks.

orangeillusion
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Tithe of 10% then an additional 10% for our new building campaign. Tithing is the only thing in which God said test me in this. By not giving the 10% to the store house your finances have the spirit of mammon on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeillusion
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM
That's been us too.

Quoting Alliemad_3:

I've heard it put that way.  It makes sense to me.

I can tell you this...we struggle MORE the months we do not tithe and have an "extra" $400.  Strange how that works out.

Quoting jennalking1992:

Since my income is so low, i cant usually give anything.... /: but i went to a sermon at our church a few months ago that basically told us that "our money" is actually God's money, and he is letting us use it. and the preacher basically told us that the question we need to ask when trying to figure out how much money to give to God is not "how much of my money can i give to God this week?" but it should be "how much of Gods money can i keep for what i need? the rest i will give to my church". idk if that makes much sense. but i think thats a very realistic way to look at it, if you are a christian(: i hope that helped!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually give $50.  Sometimes $100.  NEVER feel bad about what you give.  It is what you can afford.  Some people can't afford anything, and give their time (or not-it doesn't matter.)  Offering is something that is between you and God.  If a church ever makes you feel bad about it-find a new church.

MommyOf3Boys05
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

As much as i can some Sundays its 1$ & other Sundays i can give $20 or more.

jennalking1992
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this

yes exactly(: one way or another, that money is not "yours" to spend. its Gods money and he is gracious enough to let you have it(: everything in this life is his, we are lucky he is letting us have what we do have. im lucky to have a roof over my head and food to eat. even if i have to live paycheck to paycheck, God is providing for me. when God gives us things like great paying jobs, we always need to give him back whats his. We cant just go spend our money on brand new cars and big fancy houses, at least not without praying about it first. because that money is not ours. we should always ask Gods permission to spend it on things we want. if its something we truly need, there is no reason to ask, God provided us the money we needed to cover living expenses, and if he was gracious enough to let you have more, then we should always put it into the church, or if we plan to spend it elsewhere, always make sure God approves first(:

Quoting Alliemad_3:

I've heard it put that way.  It makes sense to me.

I can tell you this...we struggle MORE the months we do not tithe and have an "extra" $400.  Strange how that works out.

Quoting jennalking1992:

Since my income is so low, i cant usually give anything.... /: but i went to a sermon at our church a few months ago that basically told us that "our money" is actually God's money, and he is letting us use it. and the preacher basically told us that the question we need to ask when trying to figure out how much money to give to God is not "how much of my money can i give to God this week?" but it should be "how much of Gods money can i keep for what i need? the rest i will give to my church". idk if that makes much sense. but i think thats a very realistic way to look at it, if you are a christian(: i hope that helped!

Miss-B
by β™₯Divaliciousβ™₯ on May. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

Bethsunshine
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
10% of our income ( every two weeks) plus more for missions.
teal.blaze
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

We almost always give our 10% tithe. If not, we try to make up for it when we get the chance. We're still adjusting to dh's two-week pay check, so things get a little screwy sometimes.

OregonNative
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Not sure what that means. What religion are you?

Quoting orangeillusion:

Tithe of 10% then an additional 10% for our new building campaign. Tithing is the only thing in which God said test me in this. By not giving the 10% to the store house your finances have the spirit of mammon on it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN